Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Contact Scoring Module Help

loneninja

Aug 15, 2012
Hello all, I could use some help on making a kids Kendo (sword training) game. This is not for serious training just for goofing around. It's pretty straightforward but I'm having a little trouble with the module.

Here it goes, each contestant will have a helmet, chest guard and a sword (foam covered PVC). All three of these items will have copper mesh with attached leads going back to the scoring module.

The scoring module will have a common buzzer, and a set of blue and red lights on the right for player one and on the left side for player two.

When the opponents sword touches the others guys chest protector the blue light turns on and the buzzer sounds. If the opponents sword touches the other guys helmet then the red light turns on and the buzzer sounds. So far so good right?

And now for the tricky part. The scoring module needs a relay so that only the first contact gets through and cuts off the other contact temporarily. This way you can tell who scored first. The machine then needs to reset itself after three seconds or so or just a simple manual reset will do. The buzzer should also sound for about two or three seconds as well to announce the point and talley the scores.

I plan on using low voltage to avoid any wiring mishaps and I have a spool of home telephone wire that should easily handle up to about 12 volts. Years ago I made some electromagnetic relays with nails and wires but I can't figure out the two-way switch. I'll probably go and built it on a pcb eventually. But I would like to at least make a small version to test out the concept. I know that professional versions of this exist and they probably cost severall hundred dollars. But this is just for a kids game, any help if greatly appreciated.

Post a reply

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You can Google 'game buzzer circuit' there are plenty of hits to circuits that will do what you want, even kits you can purchase...