Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Control Electric fan through Wireless Temperature Sensor

cardom54

Apr 3, 2018
Could it be possible to send the analog signal to the switch ON the Electric fan power supply which is directly connected with Electric switch, I am using Wireless temperature sensor with Arduino.
I need to set some temperature range after which it will switch ON or OFF the Electric Fan running on 220v AC power supply.
Any suggestions on this will be great help.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Before discussing the electronics---do you understand that turning on an electric fan does NOT lower the temperature of a room? If a room is at 40 degrees (Celsius) and you turn on a fan, the room remains at 40 degrees. It may feel cooler because the moving air helps evaporation of perspiration to cool the body---if the humidity is significantly less than 100% so that perspiration can evaporate. But the point is, in order for a room to feel cooler (not be cooler), there has to be someone in the same room as the fan. Otherwise, the fan is moving air around without any benefit to anyone (or anything).

I'm straining my brain trying to figure out why you need a wireless sensor to turn on a fan up to 2 miles (or even 200 meters) away from a hot room (or patio, or wherever it's placed), and I can't think of a single application.

Since the fan needs to be in the same room as the sensor in order to give any comfort, why not just use a sensor with an on-board relay to switch line power (220 VAC)? I'm pretty sure such a local thermostat costs a lot less than the $200 price tag in your link.

CircuitMaster

Dec 17, 2016
He is cirtainly not going to use it for his home. But this way the true application does not get mentioned.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Any schematics, wiring diagrams, or electrical information regarding the "Electric fan power supply which is directly connected with Electric switch" would be of inestimable value in determining how to interface with the Wireless temperature sensor with Arduino. Please provide more information, especially pertaining to WTF you are actually trying to do. Your preconceived notion of how to do it may be misguided and a simple solution may be available, but we won't know until you tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish, NOT how you think it should be accomplished. We'll help you if you help us to understand what you are trying to do.