Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Control logic for piezoelectric energy harvester circuit

lesdox

Apr 17, 2024
Hello everybody.I have to implement the in house circuit cc-ih circuit which is an energy harvester circuit using SIMSCAPE electrical. The description of the circuit can be found on page 7 of the pdf .As you can see it has a detailed analysis of it, and also its diagram. My simscape implementation so far looks like this.
1713349280687.png

as far as i undestand from the pdf and the description of the circuit the contro logic is designed to manage the charging and discharging of the capacitor. so it monitors the voltage of the capacitor via the voltage sensor , it compares it to the thrshold voltage which i believe is 2.4 volts for turning on( i cant find clearly details for the threshold voltage for turning off- i guess it could be 0 volts).When the capacitor voltage reaches the threshold, the control logic should trigger an N-channel MOSFET to connect the capacitor to a load, allowing the capacitor to discharge.After the capacitor discharges below the threshold voltage, the control logic turns off the MOSFET, isolating the capacitor from the load and allowing it to recharge and this is process
As you can see, the control logic of the circuit for turning the mosfet on/off is missing as i am confused on how to implement it and what blocs to use. i tried using relational operators combined with constant blocks(for defining the trheshold voltages) but the voltage of the capacitor was not the expected one. Can anybody help me on what blocks to use and what logic to create that control logic?

Attachments

• Plagianakos_etal_JMDA_2021_1_compressed.pdf
    786.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
the circuit can be found on page 7 of the pdf
Which PDF?
Do not expect anybody to read through a multipage PDF. Some members here will not even download a PDF from an unknown source for security reasons. Better state clearly the task and your problem directly in the thread.
the control logic of the circuit for turning the mosfet on/off is missing as i am confused on how to implement it
What is the control logic supposed to do (besides turning the MOSFET on and off)? What are the conditions for on, what are the conditions for off?

lesdox

Apr 17, 2024
Which PDF?
Do not expect anybody to read through a multipage PDF. Some members here will not even download a PDF from an unknown source for security reasons. Better state clearly the task and your problem directly in the thread.

What is the control logic supposed to do (besides turning the MOSFET on and off)? What are the conditions for on, what are the conditions for off?
sorry, i forgot to upload the file. i fixed it you can find it in the bottom.as far as i undestand from the pdf and the description of the circuit the contro logic is designed to manage the charging and discharging of the capacitor. so it monitors the voltage of the capacitor via the voltage sensor , it compares it to the thrshold voltage which i believe is 2.4 volts.When the capacitor voltage reaches the threshold, the control logic should trigger an N-channel MOSFET to connect the capacitor to a load, allowing the capacitor to discharge.After the capacitor discharges below the threshold voltage, the control logic turns off the MOSFET, isolating the capacitor from the load and allowing it to recharge and this is process repeats itself.1713351077980.png