Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Converted UPS with two series of 48v to one?

Chris Johnston

Feb 17, 2016
I have a ACP UPS model SUA2200RMUS. It was having a problem that was telling the battery was not connected. The batteries were physically connected. I saw a video that seem to be similar to my setup and it stated that the unit should give off between 48 – 52 volts. I removed the pack and noticed the two series circuits. They were 4 batteries each. I was not getting 48 volts because some of the batteries are only outputting 11 or so volts. I tried just the batteries that were above 12 volts and setup one circuit that I tested for 48 volts. The unit came on and works without the battery warning. I plan to try to replace the missing 4 batteries when I can get what I need. The question I have now is there any problem with using the unit with half the batteries? I imagine it will only keep a power outage backed up for about half the time or less? Are there any other problems with doing this? Thanks

batteryCircuit.jpg errorManual.jpg

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
In theory, should be half the capacity as you stated.
In reality, they're probably well on the way out also so maybe just a fraction of the output time.