Maker Pro
Maker Pro

converting 2.4 gig wifi to baseband signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
age and iq are irrelevant? i guess thats your opinion.

Frankly, anyone who mentions their supposed IQ just looks like an idiot. And your age is pretty much irrelevant other than pegging you well below the average age of the participants of this forum that I have met (i.e. you could be my son, and possibly the grandson of at least one other person in this thread). And that's a roundabout way of saying that you're not impressing anyone.

If you would like me to remove all references to your IQ (telling us your age doesn't make you look so much like a dick IMO) then just ask and I'll do it.

Bear in mind that I *STILL* don't understand exactly what you want to do other than knowing that the conversion you ask about in the title of this thread is simply impossible*.

Are you trying to:
  • Extend the range of a wifi access point to a remote location for a single node?
  • Bridge a wireless access point for nodes in another location?
  • Route traffic between two different access points?
  • Provide for the remote connection of a singal node to a wired LAN?
  • Bridge a wired LAN to another wired (or wireless) LAN?
  • Route traffic between a wired LAN to another wired (or wireless) LAN?
  • Or something else?
You ask not to be treated like a child, but when it's carefully explained to you that your vaguely defined concept is unworkable you first seem to take it on board, then ask the same question again.

Yours is a prime example of asking us how implement your proposed solution rather than letting us know what the actual problem is. Once we understand the problem we can either understand what you mean with your proposed solution or give you a viable solution.

*WIFI and Baseband are not two different ways of achieving the same thing. One describes a bidirectional protocol, a signalling and a security system where the transfer of data is but one component of a greater whole, whereas the other describes a method of placing a signal on a wire.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
If you have unlimited bandwidth in your region then I guess you are set.
It would probably still be far easier to use an existing WiFi device to communicate via WiFi, then use your own hardware on serial or Ethernet to complete the bridge you want to create.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Bandwidth increases with increasing frequency. It is not possible to send the same information at the same rate at 64MHz as it is at 2.4GHz.

Bob

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Bandwidth increases with increasing frequency. It is not possible to send the same information at the same rate at 64MHz as it is at 2.4GHz.

Bob
johan greene has a method of increasing the bandwidth. I don't know how, but if he can do it I won't stop him.
Luckily TCP has a built in ability to self-limit itself based on available bandwidth, so putting two WiFi end points up with some kind of other bridge between them should allow for communication to a limited degree. I doubt you could stream youtube on it, but text-only terminal work can be done I'm sure.
We'll find out when the device is made.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009

Bob

exactly ... I tried to tell him that many posts ago

johan greene has a method of increasing the bandwidth. I don't know how, but if he can do it I won't stop him.

and I have a magical way of printing $100 notes

Luckily TCP has a built in ability to self-limit itself based on available bandwidth, so putting two WiFi end points up with some kind of other bridge between them should allow for communication to a limited degree

uh huh maybe a few 100 bps

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK I'm again, like his last thread, really annoyed with the way it has gone

and again, I close the thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.