Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Could you guys help identify some things?

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
Almost everything you've posted has probably taken you a long time to do.
What I would do, is go through your inventory, and write down the following information on each instrument:
1) Name of the MANUFACTURER
2) The MODEL NUMBER of each instrument.
You can share the data with us if you want to for our input, or to ask questions about particular units, but the
manufacturer name and model number will be enough for us to search on the internet, without having to post
a picture of each item.

Rearly should have thought of this sooner.

As suggested, you will be able to sell a lot of this by listing the items on eBay or Craigslist.

I will probably put most of it up for sale on ebay I guess since I really have no idea what a fair or likely price would be for any of this stuff, especially the nuclear decay counter.

One other thing: You mentioned something about a possible XRay machine. I wouldn't plug that in, as if it
is defective or was partially disassembled, radiation emissions could be dangerous (disregard that if what you
thought was an XRay machine was the Oscilliscope somebody already ID'd for you here).

Nope, it was definitely am xray machine, it said so on the metal badge thing on the back. It was in two parts and used to belong to Ole Miss. We didn't turn it on, my husband cut all the cables or cords off of it and we scrapped it. Didn't want to take chances.

Don't be worried about asking us anything about what you're finding there, we'll be happy to help answer
questions about them.

Thank you, I appreciate that. I will probably have to take another day or two to get more stuff, though. My husband's sick with bronchitis, I'm hanging around my house instead of my dads.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We know that you don't know what equipment works and what doesn't. We also know that you don't know how
to test them other than whether they light-up or not when you plug them in. When you list the items on eBay,
just explain the circumstances of how you acquired them briefly, and specify that the instruments are untested and
sold 'as-is' with no returns. Anyone interested in particular items will know then that they might have to repair them
if they buy them. Most items like this are sold under the 'business/Industrial' equipment category.
If you have questions, someone here will help you with them.
I hope my daughter is as wise as you are when my time comes. Last word I got from her was that my salvage
heap is going to be sold at a garage sale for a quarter an item. Yes. Me and a lot of other guys on this forum
are non-apologist electronics hoarders. And a few of us Vietnam vets as well.
Sorry about your dad. Most of the guys I knew there with us, are gone as well.
Besides our kids, you're dealing with the other evidence of our being here, right now. You'll get frustrated with this, but don't get mad at us for hoarding all this stuff. It made us happy to have it.

Last edited:

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
Sorry about your dad. Most of the guys I knew there with us, are gone as well.
Besides our kids, you're dealing with the other evidence of our being here, right now. You'll get frustrated with this, but don't get mad at us for hoarding all this stuff. It made us happy to have it.

I know. I understand Vietnam and a lot of other awful things that happened to him played a big role in his tendency to hoard. I still love him and miss him. I'mean sure your daughter will miss you too, things will seem different to her when the time comes.

And some of the things he hoarded left me in tears, like drawing I did in middle school, a bag of rocks that he used to pick up and bring back to my little sister because she liked cool rocks, every card or letter we ever sent him...

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
As suggested, I wrote the brand name and serial number down for several things, I may have the name and serial number for items that I listed before. I'll post then here in case anyone is curious, and if you have any input on anything, I will be happy to get it, but you don't have to feel obligated to say anything.

B&K precision 15 MHZ oscilloscope model 11472C, serial 05933

I don't know what this is but I'll look it up- Hallicrafters 403021. S120

Sencore universal video analyzer, sticker on back says Run 39. 6074967M

Sencore Model SC61 (has an oscilloscope on it)

Squier Fender 4, Type PR345 serial #MA03121676

Sencore all format VCR analyzer VC93

JVC editing recorder serial# 09511140. BR-S811U

Dual Loco pack V hobby transformer

Uniden Bear Tracker BCT-2 serial # 35046432

Channel Master video control center model 3201

B&K Precision 1248 digital I. C. Color generator (with book)

Heathkit CRT tester and rejuvenator model IT-5230

Vitalyzer Psychoacoustic analyzer MB Quart #10364

470 picture tube tester/rejuvinator B&K Precision

American Flyer 22030 toy transformer

Heathkit RF signal generator

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We'll have responses, we just need time to work this. What I'll do is start Googleing some of the instruments and
try to give you an idea of what to ask for price-wise on eBay (and let potential buyers bid from there).
Don't expect some windfall in profits here, but you should be able to get money out of all this work.

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
This is what I found. Most of these CLAIM to be in working order.
If you list these on eBay, it'll help if you have any cables, probes, accessories, manuals listed in the description.
B&K 15MHz Scope 11482C $60-$100 starting bid on eBay
Sencore Video Analyzer (you'll need the model #) $85 start bid
Sencore SC61 $80 - $250 start bid
Squier Fender PR345 $30-$75 start bid
Sencore VC93 $75-$150 start bid
JVC BR-S811U $110 start bid ($416 new)
Dual Loco Xformer $30 start bid (this would be for car/train model hobbyists, and in good condition will be in demand)
Uniden BCT-23 $35 start bid
Channel Master 3201 $14 start bid
B&K 1248 $20-$25 start bid
Heathkit IT-5230 $100-$250 start bid
B&K 470 $80-$100 start bid
American Flyer 22030 $30 start bid (another hobbyist unit that would be in demand if in good condition)
Heathkit RF Sig Gen (you'll need Model #) $35-$60 start bid

Since you don't know if any of them work, I'd start with a low initial bid price so everyone will look at your item.
Most of these instruments are for fixing other instruments, so most anybody who buys them will know how to
fix them if they don't work, and will buy them if they feel the need for them.
Sorry you don't have any really big-ticket items. But you might want to try selling what big names like Sencore and
B&K that people look for. Another idea, would be to bundle a few items together as a lot sale.
Good luck with whatever you try to do. (Make sure you specify that whoever buys them will have to pay the shipping
costs, as they will be pricey to ship).

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
We'll have responses, we just need time to work this. What I'll do is start Googleing some of the instruments and
try to give you an idea of what to ask for price-wise on eBay (and let potential buyers bid from there).
Don't expect some windfall in profits here, but you should be able to get money out of all this work.
Thank you.

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
Thank you! This was a big help! Really appreciate it.

Oh, yesterday I found a very early VCR in the attic. The thing was HUGE! And heavy! I'll post a pic if anyone wants to see the old dinosaur.

This is what I found. Most of these CLAIM to be in working order.
If you list these on eBay, it'll help if you have any cables, probes, accessories, manuals listed in the description.
B&K 15MHz Scope 11482C $60-$100 starting bid on eBay
Sencore Video Analyzer (you'll need the model #) $85 start bid
Sencore SC61 $80 - $250 start bid
Squier Fender PR345 $30-$75 start bid
Sencore VC93 $75-$150 start bid
JVC BR-S811U $110 start bid ($416 new)
Dual Loco Xformer $30 start bid (this would be for car/train model hobbyists, and in good condition will be in demand)
Uniden BCT-23 $35 start bid
Channel Master 3201 $14 start bid
B&K 1248 $20-$25 start bid
Heathkit IT-5230 $100-$250 start bid
B&K 470 $80-$100 start bid
American Flyer 22030 $30 start bid (another hobbyist unit that would be in demand if in good condition)
Heathkit RF Sig Gen (you'll need Model #) $35-$60 start bid

Since you don't know if any of them work, I'd start with a low initial bid price so everyone will look at your item.
Most of these instruments are for fixing other instruments, so most anybody who buys them will know how to
fix them if they don't work, and will buy them if they feel the need for them.
Sorry you don't have any really big-ticket items. But you might want to try selling what big names like Sencore and
B&K that people look for. Another idea, would be to bundle a few items together as a lot sale.
Good luck with whatever you try to do. (Make sure you specify that whoever buys them will have to pay the shipping
costs, as they will be pricey to ship).

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Good luck with the chore of listing your items and success in potential sales.
I've got every 'A'- grade paper my kids did from grade-school thru HS.
I use 'em to show my grandkids how smart their moms and dads were when they were in school.
Embarrasses my kids maybe, but us dads did and do care.
I remember when the first VCR's came out, they were open-reel types.
I doubt somebody would pay to ship your old, heavy one, so it probably wouldn't sell;
but a picture would bring back old memories. When those first open-reel VCR's came out in the 1970's,
they were over $1,000 each.

Olivia

Jan 4, 2017
Good luck with the chore of listing your items and success in potential sales.
I've got every 'A'- grade paper my kids did from grade-school thru HS.
I use 'em to show my grandkids how smart their moms and dads were when they were in school.
Embarrasses my kids maybe, but us dads did and do care.
I remember when the first VCR's came out, they were open-reel types.
I doubt somebody would pay to ship your old, heavy one, so it probably wouldn't sell;
but a picture would bring back old memories. When those first open-reel VCR's came out in the 1970's,
they were over $1,000 each.

That's the point of having kids, to embarrass them! No one does it like dad. :D

This isn't an open reel VCR, it had big cartridges. They only made them for a year or two, called it The Great Time Machine!:p I remember my dad got one and the camera to go with it and he was SO PROUD of them that he lugged those heavy things to every family function for a year! When water started to rise in our neighborhood and the house was going to flood, those things got put in the car right after us kids. I sat on top of one of them in the back seat. It did not like the humidity, either.

But here's the picture of the massive thing. It could eat a couple of modern VCRS for lunch!

We also found three laser disc players in the attic and he had a lot of old reel to reel players, some still work and one is in mint condition and has the owners manual still in the plastic bag. Any idea what that might be worth?

Attachments

• 20170112_144559.jpg
    20170112_144559.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 85

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sheez. Your dad sounds like me. I got one of those heavy recorders with the camera and taped the kids too.
(a lot of work hauling the both of them around and setting them up). Infinitely better than the old 8mm cameras. I copied the tapes over to DVDs years ago, to save 'em from age.
Two years ago the oldest boy asked for a copy of the DVD. He's since made copies and sent them to his siblings,
who found them very interesting for their spouses, who like to see them when they were kids. I hear he actually
posted them on-line for other family members to see. Must be proud of them.
Who knows, if somebody is willing to pay the shipping, somebody might want it on ebay. Thanks for the picture.
I was also big into the laser disc players, I too have three of them in working order. I see on ebay they start at
about $75 start bid, and the ones in excellent condition run from $200 and up. The discs (if you have any), start at
$10 apiece. I bought them because at the time, the picture on the TV was crystal clear.
Ex-wife got all the hundred or so CED discs and resold them in the divorce almost 30 years ago, but I still have the
players and maybe a dozen disc movies. (she got the money, but I got the kids).
I have four of the open reel audio tape recorders too, and a couple of hundred tapes. They all still work today.
The value depends on the make and model number. They can be VERY expensive, both then and now, to audiophiles. If they're top name companies, you could have some good money there.
TEAC is one of the big names. I bought all Akai's because they have glass/ferrite heads that last an extremely
long time. The TEAC heads wore-out relatively quickly and needed to be replaced often, but that brand is valuable.
Check the manufacturer and model number, and Google them, or look for them on ebay to get an idea on price.
Since your dad invested on the same things I did, I'll mention if you run across any record-player turntables, depending
on the brand, they also are coming back big to audiophiles, and can get you some money if you find any in his stash.
I know this is a lot of work, but your dad would be glad you're not just trashing everything he saved.

TonyG

Apr 1, 2017
Some kind of navigation equipment?

Appears to be an older shortwave radio (multi band). . . You would need to power up to see if it is functional. It should have both an AM & FM band that could receive; the short wave bands would be a bit problematic without an antenna

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Appears to be an older shortwave radio (multi band). . . You would need to power up to see if it is functional. It should have both an AM & FM band that could receive; the short wave bands would be a bit problematic without an antenna

that was answered way back in post 24 ;)