Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Covid 19 tech help solve the virus transmission

Hayseed

Feb 15, 2017
Hello Everyone
I'm not a technician of any sort, but have been trying to think of a way to help solve the problem of touching ones own face all the time as it's been highly touted that this is one of the number one way in which the covid virus is infecting people, I have made a short youtube video outlining my idea. It would take so long to try and explain. please try and watch the video and offer whatever you feel might move this forward.

Thanks
Hayseed

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Did you want one, or a product launch?
Ok, firstly, check out recent posts. This sort of thing got a lot of comments recently. many of them indicating how difficult this approach would be.
Put "covid" into that search bar at the top right.

Secondly, check these guys out: Acconeer & A111 radar.
Only thing I can think of that would come even close to practical would be this sort of thing.
The video below shows their general object detection, but somewhere there's a better one showing hand approaching ear gesture control of earbuds.
Small, light, low power, cheap in quantity. Can be configured to tell you proximity, or object approaching.
About 40 degree beam, so still need a few round your head, neck.
Read the other threads at some point, though.
I suspect your market window is quite narrow, especially given the difficulty of development and manufacture just now.
Enjoy