Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Creating a Simple Logic Device

Hughesy

Oct 15, 2015
For my electronics course at my University, I have to create a simple logic device to show my Professor.

This circuit is supposed to have two buttons and an LED. When either one of the buttons is pressed, the LED turns on. If neither or both of the buttons are pressed simultaneously, the LED stays off.

The components I can use are: SPST or SPDT buttons, resistors, transistors, diodes and an LED. Also, I can supply any sort of power I need to the circuit.

I am having trouble designing a circuit diagram for this because I am confused as to how the SPST / SPDT buttons function; namely, which prongs direct the flow of current when pressed or not pressed. I have to be able to recreate this design on a breadboard with wiring clear enough for troubleshooting.

I appreciate any sort of help on how to get started on this design. Thanks all!

eetech00

Nov 17, 2014
For my electronics course at my University, I have to create a simple logic device to show my Professor.

I am having trouble designing a circuit diagram for this because I am confused as to how the SPST / SPDT buttons function; namely, which prongs direct the flow of current when pressed or not pressed. I have to be able to recreate this design on a breadboard with wiring clear enough for troubleshooting.

Do you have a volt/ohm meter? You can simply check continuity between the terminals while operating the switch