Maker Pro
Maker Pro

crossover circuit

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
My friend told me that he wants better treble for his stereo amp. he connected a 4.7 uF capacitor in between amp and tweeter. then he told me to check in internet for appropriate capacitor value and type. plz help me to find a better capacitor.
-vinod

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Speaker cross over network

The value will i expect be different depending on how many units and size, normally high grade non electrolytic capacitors are used, the circuit depending on the units you want to add the cross over network to probably can be found goggling round, unless you specify values.
Dave. :)

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
The value will i expect be different depending on how many units and size, normally high grade non electrolytic capacitors are used, the circuit depending on the units you want to add the cross over network to probably can be found goggling round, unless you specify values.
Dave. :)

HI DAVE,
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
I WILL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS TOMORROW.

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
My friend has an amp of 80w stereo. his tweeters are 40w each.he wants to get high frequency that can hear from outside of his home. I don't know how to answer him. once i gave him a RCfilter. but he denied it. he need a solution inbetween amp and tweeter.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
cross over network

Hi again vinod chandran.
I cant come up with a circuit network crossover for your friends requirements, different value of components will give different output frequency's, ive found this link which might be of some use, i wont pronounce to know all, as i don't.
Maybe there is an audio buff technician out there who can suggest a circuit schematic for yours / his needs.

Ive never built a cross over network, but do understand how they alter frequency ranges from low bass through and up to high frequency outputs.

Sorry i cant come up with a schematic for you, hoping a more experienced audio tech can help ? .
Dave. :) The link below is something to be going on with, until you can establish a circuit. :)

Look at calculators, 2 and 3 way cross overs. Left of the screen.

http://www.diyaudioandvideo.com/Tutorial/Crossover/

Last edited: