Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Cuisinart SSB1U Soupmaker/blender component ID?

Timebomb

Nov 13, 2022
Hi, I have found a burnt out componant that I can't identify. It is identified on the circuit board as PTC1 and is a small rectangle shape made of carbon. I take it that PTC ia a thermistor? Is there anyway I can obtain this online. How can I find the value of this componant, it has no identifiable letters on it.
Also In the photo is the palstic casing that burt off.

Other than that is there a way I can replace the whole board. It is a Cuisinart SSB1U soupmaker/blender.

Attachments

• Thermo1.jpg
    Thermo1.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Thermo3.jpg
    Thermo3.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
a small rectangle shape made of carbon
Carbon is what's left after the component burnt.
PTC ia a thermistor?
Moste liekly yes. PTC is a common abbreviation for "Positive Thermal Coefficient", a resistor whose value increases with temperature. This is regularly used as a protective element.
Without a known good reference or a schematic it is not possible to identify the original value of this PTC.
However, similar to a burnt fuse: something must have triggered the overheating of this PTC. Even if you were able to replace the PTC, this other source of the problem remains unidentified and chances are a new PTC will quickly burn, too.
Other than that is there a way I can replace the whole board.
If the manufacturer offers complete boards for repair purposes, you could buy a new one. But it is highly unlikely that this is the case. I found only what's called "user serviceable parts" like the glas jar.
Maybe you can find someonewho sells such a blender with another defect and swap parts?

Timebomb

Nov 13, 2022
Carbon is what's left after the component burnt.

Moste liekly yes. PTC is a common abbreviation for "Positive Thermal Coefficient", a resistor whose value increases with temperature. This is regularly used as a protective element.
Without a known good reference or a schematic it is not possible to identify the original value of this PTC.
However, similar to a burnt fuse: something must have triggered the overheating of this PTC. Even if you were able to replace the PTC, this other source of the problem remains unidentified and chances are a new PTC will quickly burn, too.

If the manufacturer offers complete boards for repair purposes, you could buy a new one. But it is highly unlikely that this is the case. I found only what's called "user serviceable parts" like the glas jar.
Maybe you can find someonewho sells such a blender with another defect and swap parts?
Yes, Thanks for the info and your time.
It was a siezed blade shaft that was the issue but I resolved that.
Looks like i'll have to track one down for spares.
Much appreciated.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

The size tells you something about the power rating.
It will not tell you the current rating.
Also the used voltage is to be watched.
Have a look at the exerpt of the littlefuse catalog I attached.

Bertus

Attachments

• Resettable PTC axial.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Timebomb

Nov 13, 2022
Hello,

The size tells you something about the power rating.
It will not tell you the current rating.
Also the used voltage is to be watched.
Have a look at the exerpt of the littlefuse catalog I attached.

Bertus
Appreciated Bertus, I'll have a look. Fotuanately I have found a spare on ebay.