Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Custom circuit board to control sound, lights, and movement?

cday5

Apr 13, 2023
Hey guys!

I’m trying to create an interactive Lego diorama within a custom acrylic case.

There’ll be a button on the front of the case that once pushed would trigger sound (music and sound effects), lighting (LEDs attached to character’s blasters), and potentially movement (characters falling backwards [attached to some sort of motorized hinge pieces?]).

I’ve never done something like this before, and so am a bit lost on how to go about it. I assume I’d need some type of custom circuit boards to do this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!!
- Chris

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Many ways to achieve what you want.
Complexity would be in the detail only you currently know.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Look up Arduino, it's specifically designed to support people without affinity to computer hardware in such scenarios.
There's also a big community supporting Arduino and Arduino based projects, lots of software libraries to control all sorts of things, starter kits to provide everything you need to get going etc. etc.

cday5

Apr 13, 2023
Look up Arduino, it's specifically designed to support people without affinity to computer hardware in such scenarios.
There's also a big community supporting Arduino and Arduino based projects, lots of software libraries to control all sorts of things, starter kits to provide everything you need to get going etc. etc.
Thanks so much Harald! Never heard of Arduino. Looking forward to checking it out. Should the project be a success I'll drop some pictures here and an update on how it went. You're a lifesaver -- thanks again!!

cday5

Apr 13, 2023
You can proceed with an Arduino UNO, LEDs and servo motors.
Thanks bidrohini! Those specifics are really helpful -- very much appreciated. I'll post some pictures and an update in a couple weeks!

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
There’ll be a button on the front of the case that once pushed would trigger sound (music and sound effects), lighting (LEDs attached to character’s blasters), and potentially movement (characters falling backwards [attached to some sort of motorized hinge pieces?]).
I'll post some pictures and an update in a couple weeks!
Quick learner on Arduino.....advise you expectations expand for a possible longer results time.