Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Custom Sith Holocron

Arthas1011

Jul 30, 2014
Hi guys I am trying to make a holocron that lights up and makes sound. The item's shape is a no brainer for me but I have absolutely no idea on how to make the lighting and sound go. I was thinking of an MP3 player and small speaker plus pulsating red light inside but I want;

1.To be able connect to and charge it via my PC.

2. Have the pulsating red light.

3. Control it all, preferably, via a single switch.

The example I am trying to emulate it this one in the vid but the crafter of the internals has all his buyers on a confidentiality clause and also is unable to share the good with me either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Just looks likes a flashing LED and an Audio sample.
The LED portion of the circuit could be accomplished with any micro-controller and an LED.
Do you want the Light to pulse to the sounds? It does not appear to do so in the video.

Arthas1011

Jul 30, 2014
Pulsing is great. I have to say though the last time I did electronics was in High school around 11 years ago

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Is this something you want to learn and do yourself, or are you looking for a circuit that is complete for you?

If your interested, take a look at how you would create a 'heartbeat' effect with a micro controller. It pulses the LED on and off gently.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
From here : http://www.instructables.com/id/LED-flashing-circuit/

That circuit would not be suitable if you are looking to mimic the affect in the video above.
This would merely cause the led to blink, and you would not get the glowey pulsating effect that you would get from using a micro-controller and shifting the duty cycle around for PWM to cause the brightness of the LED to change.
If all you want it to do is blink at a constant rate then your golden... Otherwise look into things like the PIC, Attiny or Arduino. They are pretty easy to program, and can be cheap if you go for the Attiny or PIC route.