Maker Pro
Maker Pro

D/A converter

DtuStudent

Jan 7, 2012
Hi everyone. Since this is the first post I am writing here I will make a rather short introduction of myself. My name is Carsten Lorenzen, I am 22 years old and originating from Copenhagen Denmark. I am currently studying at DTU, where I study electronic engineering.

At the moment I have just recovered from a nice round of illness in the winter. What makes it even more wonderfull is that it was the whole first week of my 3 week project, which is the end mark of my first semester in my education.

Therefore I am pretty much in deep **** and have been reading as much as I can, but leading nowhere I must say.

My project is where I have to build an electricly controlled stress-oven, and here I have to use a D/A converter. I have understood the whole concept for the converter and been making calculations. I want to make a 2 bit D/A converter, that recognizes the 4 different stages of different settings. 60°, 80°,100° and 120°. Since I am making 4 settings in the interval of 0V-5V, I have to expand my D/A converter to 3bits, since 60° can't be 0V output. So I have made it like this:
04270.png

Where I replaced the invert OP amp, with a non invert OP amp and where V3 and V2 are the 2 input bits, that represents my choice of how hot the oven should be.

My problem now is: How do I get this all done in practic? I Simply can't see myself doing this with my available components, can you guys gimme examples, that shows how it's done? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
What is the problem with building this exactly as shown?

Bob

DtuStudent

Jan 7, 2012
I have no problem anymore, I just had an epiphany this morning. So I did it right away in practice.