Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dab radio with annoying shriek!!

Wigglyamps

Jun 27, 2019
Hi all, bit of a long shot, just wondered if any clever types might have an answer to my question.
I have just bought a Bush DAB radio cheap at a carboot sale (I know, caveat emptor) when it's playing DAB or FM radio there is a constant loud shriek which is unaffected by the volume button (you can hear the music in the background), but, when in bluetooth speaker mode it is fine. Only spent a fiver so it's not the end of the world but it's a nice little unit and it would be nice to get it working properly.
Any help gratefully received
Thanks
Wigglyamps

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Look closely for cold solder joints or cracks in the circuit traces. Use bright light and strong magnification. You may find that slightly twisting the circuit board after you unmount it will make it go away.

I have solved this problem a few times by merely putting a spacer under the board to help complete a broken path in the circuit.

Even if you can't see a bad solder joint, sometimes reflowing the connections with an iron does the trick.

Good luck

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Seek out and give us its model number so that its circuitry can be researched for an analysis of more real potential possibilities..
Also does it feed into one speaker or two, and does it have an earphone jack, and if so, how is the audio on an earphone(s).