Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DE-LM106 GLCD

juantravel

May 14, 2010
I have ran into another problem. :) When dont I lol. Well I got a hold of a GLCD model de-lm106. This is my first time programming a glcd and there are 3 pins that I don't know recognize. One is "Vo:Operating Voltage for lcd Driver"(pin 3), second is "Vee: Supply Voltage for lcd drive"(pin 18) , Third is "enable trigger" (pin 6). If anyone got the extra time help me with it.

Thanks, juan

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
LMGTFY

First hit. Just one page pdf. Lower right corner. Try using 5V for both.

On that same datasheeet you'll find that all the pins you are interested in connect to a chip labelled S6B0107. Google for that. Again, it's the first hit. A longer datasheet, but you should find what you need.

juantravel

May 14, 2010
DE-LM106

I did find the long datasheet butIm not understanding what the pins do.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
See the electrical characteristics on page 13.

Vss, Vdd and Vee are defined (It looks like Vee of -5V would be appropriate) Vee is a little confusing. In the absolute max ratings (page 12) it is actually somewhat clearer.

For V0, read page 22. It is shown as V0L/R since there are 2, one for the left side and one for the right (I assume) probably due to the fact that there are 2 segment drivers. It looks like you connect it to Vdd.

It looks from the S6B0107 diagram that E is connected to the S6B0108's. So looking at their datasheet...

Enable signal.
Write mode (R/W = L) ® data of DB<0:7> is latched at the
falling edge of E.
Read mode (R/W = H) ® DB<0:7> appears the reading data
while E is at high level

So E determines if you're reading or writing data.

However, I would advise you to contact Sure Electronics. They are pretty good at answering questions about their products. I'd be surprised if they couldn't assist.

They also have demo driver boards for some of their products. It would be a good idea to see if there is one as you'll be able to get an example of both the hardware and software used to drive them

So that is the device

and here is a demo board for a similar display (may not be the same display!) Note that they give a link to the manual for the demo board, so you may be able to glean more information from that

edit: It is not documented as being for your board but it does have all the same interface lines (AFAICT). The pdf describing it has better explanations of the pins and sample circuit diagram and software to drive it. Worth a look

Last edited:

juantravel

May 14, 2010
de-lm106

So far i got this far.

1.Vss = power ground

2.Vdd = power positive(5v)

3.V0 = This is for contrast adjusting. I added a link to the pdf. The is a small schematic. There is 2 V0, one for each chip. Confusing part is jp1 header. It shows +5v connected to V0. But V0 is also seen up in the left top corner on page 12. It is part of a voltage divider circuit and Vee is associated with it.

4.D/I = Hold low to send instruction and hold high to send data.

5.R/W = Hold low to write and hold high to read

6.E = Holding this pin high allows you to read data. Data can be written on the falling edge of E. Holding the pin high then dropping it to 0v and wait for data delay and start writing data.

7. 7-14 = 8 bit data bus.

15.CS1 and 16.CS2 = Sets the chip you using. Can only have 1 set at once.

17.RESET = Hold low to keep the lcd module active and setting this high resets the module.

18.VEE = I found this formula.VDD-VEE=8 to 17V. Well Vee is normally ground(negative) in electronics. The difference in 5v to -5 is 10volts. Voltage is the potential between 2 points. point 1 = -5 an point 2 = 5. 10 volts is between 8-17v . In this case i could use a inverting op-amp for -5. This correct?

I have found this pdf :http://www.sure-electronics.net/download/DE-LD008_Ver1.0_EN.pdf
On page 12. There are some schematics. Looks like you can power the board with usb only.

So pretty much Im good with all pins except Vee.
Thanks, juantravel

Last edited: