Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Decoding 433.92mhz remote?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
You need to reduce the voltage then. The Arduino puts out 5 Volts and it looks like the transmitter runs from 3.6 volts. It just so happens that 5-3.6 = 1.4 so two silicon diodes in series from the arduino port might be all you need. You will need to duplicate this for each button obviously. I would also put a small series resistor in line with the diodes, say 100R just in case.
Do you know how to do this?
Adam

Scottish_Jason

Oct 24, 2014
I have managed to get 4 out of 5 buttons switching on by sending a high signal from the arduino when connected to particular lines on the circuit... for some reason the bottom left button(3) doesn't turn on or get a reading on the meter. This is without using diodes or resistors... is it possible to damage the circuit by giving it the full 5v? what about using the 3.3v on the arduino.. I will try that now

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Yes you may cause the protection diodes on the transmitter to switch in and cause latch-up this is a bad thing. Always switch with correct levels for the particular device.
Adam

Scottish_Jason

Oct 24, 2014
Yes you may cause the protection diodes on the transmitter to switch in and cause latch-up this is a bad thing. Always switch with correct levels for the particular device.
Adam

Okay. Thanks very much for the help
oh another thing. Can I leave the battery out and hook up a 5v line from the arduino to the positive and negative at the battery area? so that it can be powered without batteries

also one of the buttons can't seem to get triggered through any of the corresponding holes. The button does work but I can't find which hole the 3.6v goes through

the picture below shows the points where I got 3.6v readings when I press the corresponding button ( arrow's )
The bottom left button does not get readings on any of the points

Attachments

• IMG_20141025_105541017.jpg
    IMG_20141025_105541017.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
The 5 pin header has all the right pins for PIC ICSP, so the large chip is most likely a PIC microcontroller.

Yep, I just checked the connections and they are correct for a PIC16F88 or other 18-pin PIC.

Edit: If you happen to have a PICKIT 2 or 3, you could connect it and see if the chip is readable, but probably it is read protected.

Bob

Scottish_Jason

Oct 24, 2014
The 5 pin header has all the right pins for PIC ICSP, so the large chip is most likely a PIC microcontroller.

Yep, I just checked the connections and they are correct for a PIC16F88 or other 18-pin PIC.

Edit: If you happen to have a PICKIT 2 or 3, you could connect it and see if the chip is readable, but probably it is read protected.

Bob

Ah thankyou. I don't necessarily need to try and decode the signal now as I have decided just to wire up the arduino to the remote control circuit which is a lot easier for me with my lack of knowledge in radio / encoding. If you look at my previous picture you can see the black dots where I can send a high signal to switch on the socket but for some reason the bottom left button has no such solder point that works

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013

Bob

Um yes maybe it's one of the rfPICs?
Adam