Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Delay On Relay Wiring Help.

VinceSamios

Feb 7, 2013
Hi all, my first post here.

I would really appreciate some help with a little project.

Components: RE11LAMW delay on relay. Spec document -
http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0d0f/0900766b80d0f587.pdf
$(KGrHqVHJFQFC,yYbSsDBQpWEkWLQw~~60_35.JPG

Horizontal Float Switch:
drawing_FS-H.gif

My project:

When the float switch is off (breaks circuit) and then switches back on (re-establishes a circuit) - ie. the circuit to the relay has been interrupted, I would like the relay timer to begin counting down from the set time period. When the timer expires, I would like the relay to provide energy to a pump.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct relay, but I haven't got a clue how to wire the thing.

At the top of the relay is an A1 contact, with two more unlabelled contacts. At the bottom of the relay is an L contact (I'm pretty sure this is the "Load" contact) and also two more unlabelled contacts.

The complete cycle is as follows:

1. Float switch circuit is connected, power is provided to a pump
2. Float switch circuit is broken, power to the pump is disconnected
3. Float switch circuit is re-connected, delay-on relay begins counting down
4. Relay timer expires, power is provided to the pump

repeat the cycle.

It's probably worth noting the float switch will be mounted upside-down for this application, incase I confused somebody :) It's not a typical use of a float switch, its basically detecting an over-flow and pausing the pumping for a little while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I guess we just don't know what to tell you.
You've got the data sheet on your timer, just look-up your model number and the
data sheet for your model number tells you how to wire it.
Wire it up on a workbench before you install it, and play with it, until it does what you
want.
People here are willing to help with problems, but are not all that interested in
doing your work for you.
If you assemble a circuit, and it doesn't work the way you want it to, THEN ask for
help.
Not meant in an insulting way, just advice in asking for help.

VinceSamios

Feb 7, 2013
I don't agree with your attitude - I'm in a help forum asking for help. You're in a help forum telling me to figure it out.

I imagine you don't actually know the answer to my question, because in the same time you took in writing your reply, you could have just provided the answer.

I've now actually found the answer elsewhere, which I will take the time to share here incase anybody else is looking for it.

Live to the Float switch, float switch to the L on the pump, N on the pump to L on the relay, A1 on the relay to Neutral Line.

L -> [float switch] -> [pump] -> [L Relay A1] -> N