Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Dell Harmon Kardon Hk395 pc speakers volume control

DUSTY73

Apr 24, 2020
Hi, I have these speakers and love the sound quality that I have enjoyed out of them but my volume Control Knob Potentiometer seems to be an issue. problem 1 is I only get sound out at a certain exact spot in the turn dial (Potentiometer). Also I only get sound out of the subwoofer and left speaker. I would like to attempt to bipass the Potentiometer and adjust the volume via pc settings.
Has anyone here done that yet? Any advice? I hate to toss this out and I have tried looking for a replacement Potentiometer that would work. Thank you in advance for any insight. Been a long time since I put together the radio shack build your own radio kit. lol

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
In order for you to be able to use it's maximum volume range you will probably have to turn the pot all the way up (assuming it will work in that position) and then ontrol the bolume from your PC.
That is not a recommended methid if you ask me because you may experience increased noise level.
I hate to toss this out and I have tried looking for a replacement Potentiometer that would work
What if you spray the potentiometer with electroclean ? It might work if you manage the cleaner compound to acces the pot's wiper blade and surface