Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Denon DRA-455 amplifier won't turn on after being left on for extended period

spaces

Feb 20, 2016
I left my amplifier on for a couple of weeks by accident, when I came back to it to turn it on I found it wasn't working. The power cable is fine (I've tested it on another appliance), but the amp is completely dead - no red standby light and nothing happens when you press the power button. Where do I start with the fault finding? I've taken a picture of the large component labelled "TAM E 0118" which looks like it might be damaged to me. I'm an electronics novice.

Also, several years ago, a bottle of cleaning fluid left on top of the amp leaked and spilled into the amp through the ventilation grills and damaged the component labelled D603 which can just be seen to the right of the coloured cables going in to the white connector. It seemed to work fine after this for several years. 20160220_213120[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20160220_213243[1].jpg
    20160220_213243[1].jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 123

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I left my amplifier on for a couple of weeks by accident, when I came back to it to turn it on I found it wasn't working. The power cable is fine (I've tested it on another appliance), but the amp is completely dead - no red standby light and nothing happens when you press the power button. Where do I start with the fault finding? I've taken a picture of the large component labelled "TAM E 0118" which looks like it might be damaged to me. I'm an electronics novice.

Also, several years ago, a bottle of cleaning fluid left on top of the amp leaked and spilled into the amp through the ventilation grills and damaged the component labelled D603 which can just be seen to the right of the coloured cables going in to the white connector. It seemed to work fine after this for several years. View attachment 25154
You start following the voltage as it goes into the device ;)
Do you have a service manual for the device? Have you checked all the fuses?