Maker Pro
Maker Pro

design a driver for DFB laser

sajjad23573

Jul 19, 2019
Hello
I want to design a drive for a DFB laser transmitter.
I want guidance for circuit design.
And whether you have micro-code source code?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I want to design a drive for a DFB laser transmitter.
I want guidance for circuit design.
Look up "DFB laser driver" in your favorite search engine. The search will turn up lots of driver ics from different manufacturers that are suitable for DFB lasers. The chips usually come with datasheets containing application notes or separate application notes to support design of a complete circuit.

And whether you have micro-code source code?
For which processor? For which purpose?
We have all kinds of source code for different processors, none of which may be what you are looking for. Please be more specific.

sajjad23573

Jul 19, 2019
Look up "DFB laser driver" in your favorite search engine. The search will turn up lots of driver ics from different manufacturers that are suitable for DFB lasers. The chips usually come with datasheets containing application notes or separate application notes to support design of a complete circuit.

For which processor? For which purpose?
We have all kinds of source code for different processors, none of which may be what you are looking for. Please be more specific.
Tanks a lot for your quick response.
i want to design a drive for laser with 1654 nm wavelength. i think i should do this by ARM micro controller or even DSP.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
i want to design a drive for laser with 1654 nm wavelength. i think i should do this by ARM micro controller or even DSP.
What exactly do you mean when you use the name "laser driver"?
There is much more to a laser driver than a typical microcontroller can perform. You can use the microcontroller to create the modulating signal, but the modulation, control of laser diode current, temperature compensation etc. requires dedictaed electronics, fortunately today available in a single chip,