Maker Pro
Maker Pro

design score broad for a game

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
I just love mikroC Compilers. I use them for my professional work. I work in a company and we use microchip and mikroElektronika Compilers and softwares. I mainly use mikroC PRO Compilers and hence I can only provide mikroC PRO, XC8, C18, Hi-Tech PICC and PICC18 codes. At out company we also use CodeVisionAVR, Atmel Studio for AVR programming.

An out of topic question Old Steve. I have done some PIC and AVR projects. In which section can I post them ?
I'm new here myself, (newer than you), bu perhaps in 'Project Logs'? (Tab at top of page)

And I personally like PICBasic Pro, for simple projects.

jayanthd

Jul 4, 2015
Ok Old Steve.

I also have PIC Basic Pro but I have not used it much. I like C. Can we make subroutines or sub procedures in PIC Basic Pro code ? When I started PIC programming I used mikroBasic PRO PIC Compiler and it allowed one to create sub procedures but within 3 months of mikroBasic programming I learnt C and embedded C and switched to mikroC PRO PIC Compiler.

Please mods don't think that I am promoting mikroE Compilers. It's just that we at out company use these compilers for work.

Old Steve

Jul 23, 2015
Ok Old Steve.

I also have PIC Basic Pro but I have not used it much. I like C. Can we make subroutines or sub procedures in PIC Basic Pro code ? When I started PIC programming I used mikroBasic PRO PIC Compiler and it allowed one to create sub procedures but within 3 months of mikroBasic programming I learnt C and embedded C and switched to mikroC PRO PIC Compiler.

Please mods don't think that I am promoting mikroE Compilers. It's just that we at out company use these compilers for work.
Yes, you can use subroutines in PICBasic Pro (gosub). It's main limitation is that it doesn't support 32-bit or floating point values. Only unsigned variables, too. (As I said, it's for simpler projects.)
It does, however, have great support for both software and hardware serial comms, PWM, LCD, USB and a heap of the other trickier stuff.
When I need to use 32-bit or float, I use the CC5X compiler. I use both CC5X and PICBasic Pro within the MPLAB IDE for convenience.
(I don't work for PICBasic Pro, (MicroEngineeringLabs), or CC5X, (Knudsen), either. :D)