Maker Pro
Maker Pro

desktop power supply computer troubleshooting

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
Hello,
I'm new in world of electronics, i want to learn how to test elctronic circuit to repair them.
I have a problem in the power supply of my computer , i tested it on two computers and i had the same result : to turn on my computer i should push many times on power button , and sometimes suddenly the computer stop working , i tested the voltage of cables i find 10.4 on yellow and -9.16 on blue : i verified that's less than standards , but i don't know how to repair , (there's no inflated capacitor).

aaa.jpg
0FyY8Jw

Last edited:

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Your image isn't showing. It is possibly linked to a site I can't access? Try uploading it to the forum, please.

to open my computer i should push many times on power button
I think this is a translation issue: to open the computer you don't have to push the power button. When you push the power button the computer is turned on or off.

i don't know how to repair
Then you shouldn't do it yourself unless the failure is rather obvious. A computer power supply deals with dangerous voltages on the primary side and currents on the secondary side. We can't say more unless we see the image(s).

abdellwahed1

May 14, 2018
Your image isn't showing. It is possibly linked to a site I can't access? Try uploading it to the forum, please.

I think this is a translation issue: to open the computer you don't have to push the power button. When you push the power button the computer is turned on or off.

Then you shouldn't do it yourself unless the failure is rather obvious. A computer power supply deals with dangerous voltages on the primary side and currents on the secondary side. We can't say more unless we see the image(s).
Thank you so much , i tried many times to upload an image , it seems that not support image size that depass more than 1 mo

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Yes, there is a limit on image size, unfortunately I don't know where exactly. Try resizing your image.

The one which is now visible is unfortunately no help. At least I don't see any obvious defect.