Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Device that will allow specified voltage to pass through for a specified amount of time?

Mort Rainey

Mar 18, 2016
Anyone know of a device that will allow a specified voltage to pass through for a specified amount of time? This particular device would be powered at all times and when triggered by an additional low voltage power source allow the power its managing to pass through to a previously unpowered device for a specified amount of time. I've very limited exposure to the engineering side of electronics. I'm looking for device suggestions, keywords for search criteria, etc. Anything that might help narrow down a device or technology that would work for this concept. Thanks!

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
How much time? How much voltage? How accurately? By low voltage, how low?

For a specific voltage, you can use a zener diode (which has a very specific breakdown voltage that itbis designed to operate at), but this will be relatively innacurate and will not take your time enquiry into account. Are you asking for an integrated solution, a single component or a group of components?

What are you trying to make? Is this theory or for a project?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Mono-stable is what I think you are after. You just need to tell us what voltage you want.
Adam

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Mono-stable is what I think you are after. You just need to tell us what voltage you want.
Adam

I would control a "series-pass device" with that mono-stable(HW or SW).

The series-pass device will be selected according to the voltage(and drop-out allowed)/current to the device that needs to be powered .
It can be a BJT,MOSFET,relay etc.
more info is obviously needed.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I would control a "series-pass device" with that mono-stable(HW or SW).

The series-pass device will be selected according to the voltage(and drop-out allowed)/current to the device that needs to be powered .
It can be a BJT,MOSFET,relay etc.
more info is obviously needed.

Yes agreed.
Adam