Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Digital clock need!

Hello all. I am new to the world of digital electronics, I would like
to build a digital clock HH:MM:SS with 16F84PIC on 7 segment LED, I
need circuit diagram, software and processing explanation.

Thanks!
 
E

Elephant

Jan 1, 1970
0
Hello all. I am new to the world of digital electronics, I would like
to build a digital clock HH:MM:SS with 16F84PIC on 7 segment LED, I
need circuit diagram, software and processing explanation.

Thanks!


Here are a few links that may help you.

http://electronicsusa.com/productsclocks.html

http://home.howstuffworks.com/digital-clock.htm


Good luck. I built one with huge 7 inch LED displays.
After I plugged it in and the digits started counting,
I was so proud of myself. That clock is now my pride and joy.
I show it off every chance I get. Hope you'll be just as
proud of your project.
 
A

Anthony Fremont

Jan 1, 1970
0
Hello all. I am new to the world of digital electronics, I would like
to build a digital clock HH:MM:SS with 16F84PIC on 7 segment LED, I
need circuit diagram, software and processing explanation.

There are a number of ways you can accomplish this task. You need to
tell us more about your requirements. For example, do you need battery
operation or would AC power be ok? How much accuracy do you need? Do
you need it to set itself?

BTW, the 16F84 is getting kinda old, the 16F628 or 16F88 might be of
interest to you as they are cheaper and have more features.

Here is a good place for some PIC info:
http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys/
and another really good one:
http://www.piclist.com
 
J

James Douglas

Jan 1, 1970
0
Elephant said:
Here are a few links that may help you.

http://electronicsusa.com/productsclocks.html

http://home.howstuffworks.com/digital-clock.htm


Good luck. I built one with huge 7 inch LED displays.
After I plugged it in and the digits started counting,
I was so proud of myself. That clock is now my pride and joy.
I show it off every chance I get. Hope you'll be just as
proud of your project.
OMG, check out those prices like $49.99 for a little clock kit!
Alot of that stuff looks very high priced to me..............
 
H

hiroc

Jan 1, 1970
0
12V is battery, I need to set it and accuracy may be +(-) 1sec /10 days
 
A

Anthony Fremont

Jan 1, 1970
0
hiroc said:
12V is battery, I need to set it and accuracy may be +(-) 1sec /10
days

That is about 1ppm (part per million) accuracy. The only way that I
know to achieve that sort of accuracy is to use either a GPS module or a
reference to WWV. Most crystals will only give you a accuracy between
20-50ppm.
 
Anthony said:
days

That is about 1ppm (part per million) accuracy. The only way that I
know to achieve that sort of accuracy is to use either a GPS module or a
reference to WWV. Most crystals will only give you a accuracy between
20-50ppm.

LEDs and batteries are a poor mix. Even if running 1 mA/segment, it
will drain the battery pretty fast -- and be pretty dim. LCD is better
for batteries. If it MUST be LED, running off the power company would
easily provide the accuracy by simply counting the cycles of the AC.
Mine runs great and certainly meets the accuracy spec.

GG
 
D

David L. Jones

Jan 1, 1970
0
Anthony said:
Well looky there. Only $18 in thousand lots. ;-) Still cheaper and
more convenient (not counting that BGA packaging) than a GPS module,
pretty slick.

The DS32KHz is cheaper and almost as good and comes in SO package:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm?qv_pk=2940
This is the one I meant in the first place, sorry, I thought they had
changed the part number or something.

Dave :)
 
Top