Maker Pro
Maker Pro

dimmer switch

Oct 29, 2011
hi there a newby needing advise, i build shooting lamps in a 6volt system, batterys are 4amp nmh the bulbs are either 10watt or 20watt halogen. A lot of folk are asking for these systems with a dimmer switch on now. what and where should i be looking, the item needs to be cheap and small.
any help would be great

many thanks antoni

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Lamps

Hi welcome to the forum from me. What are shooting lamps, i have no idea.
Dave.

Oct 29, 2011
nite-hunter.com shows my systems. ie- supa-lite. they are gun mounted light systems

cheers antoni

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Shooting lamps

Ok i know what you mean, i would think a dimmer circuit could be built, but size not sure about, gun mounted would need to be small and light, or cary the battery unit on a belt ?. this is DC, i am not sure which way to go, as its battery it needs to be power friendly and not waste current as a resistive circuit would. Voltage regulators need a few volts above the intended output voltage, voltage variable VR circuit would be ok, but i am not sure on how to limit volts loss. Others might have ideas.
Dave.

Last edited:

Oct 29, 2011
many thanks for that
am more than happy to send a unit out to some one who could figure it out. its done my head for years now
the lamp head are small units but am sure some wizard can sort it, with bonus of a part time job in hand
cheers antoni

Last edited: