Maker Pro
Maker Pro

dishwasher door micro-switch

bam

Oct 4, 2011
dishwasher door micro-switch, SOLVED

Hello,

The contacts on the 2 N-O micro-switches of my dishwaser door are dead. When the door is shut, the switches close the circuit and turn on the dishwasher.

They are rated 120VAC - 25A!!!

I found some replacement for 10$ each. The 12 amp model is 3$.

For now, I just replaced the micro-switches with regular wall-mounted light switche rated at 15 amps, it's been running fine for about 2 weeks. It's just a little ugly and dangerous since the dishwasher door can be opened while it's running.

Also, the circuit on wich the dishwasher is hooked on has 15 amps fuses in the main electrical panel, so the 25 amp in the original switche seems way overkill.

So my question is, would it be ok to replace the original 120vac-25a with 120vac-12a switches, is there any danger here?

thanks a lot.

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Have you looked into just getting the OEM switches from an appliance repair shop or from Ebay? No guess work that way and a perfect fit...

Ebay is littered with them for all makes and models, yea a little up charge over a generic switch but as I said no 2nd guessing or fitment issues...

Last edited:

bam

Oct 4, 2011
hmmm,

almost embarassing, found it right away...

thanks

but still, why 25 amps?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
but still, why 25 amps?

Who knows, it could be as simple as that is the one that fit the design and was readily available or they could have another reason, I doubt it's carrying anywhere near that current as a sensor but who knows...