Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Does any one know an inverter chip that uses 12V DC to make a signal with variable freq and Voltage?

Zakaria1193

May 20, 2015
Max power has to be 1W, the frequency has to go from 10 to 80kHz The voltage from one to twelve

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
Hello
Can you be a bit more specific? What are you trying to do? Is 1 - 12 Volts the input or output, is 1W the total power of the circuit or the load requirements. is the output going to be a sine wave or something else. Tell us more about what your trying to do.
Adam

Zakaria1193

May 20, 2015
hi adam
1W is the load requirement. The input voltage is 12V and the output variable from 1-12V. The output wave needs to be sinus or at least alternative with a frequency that we can also vary from 10 to 80KHZ. i know this can be done easily with a pwm signal, and an H bridge inverter but i don't want to lose time on making if i can find it in an integrated chip.
thanks

Last edited:

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
hi adam
1W is the load requirement. The input voltage is voltage V and the output variable from 1-12V. The output wave needs to be sinus or at least alternative with a frequency that we can also vary from 10 to 80KHZ. i know this can be done easily with a pwm signal, and an H bridge inverter but i don't want to lose time on making if i can find it in an integradted chip.
thanks

What is voltage V?

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013

I don't know of an IC that will do all of this but I would look at sine wave output voltage to frequency converters if you can find one. Or a triangle wave generator put into a Trigonometric function generator to convert the triangle wave into a sine wave. But you are going to need some current drivers and a attenuator for the output.
Thanks
Adam

BGB

Nov 30, 2014
I don't know of an IC that will do all of this but I would look at sine wave output voltage to frequency converters if you can find one. Or a triangle wave generator put into a Trigonometric function generator to convert the triangle wave into a sine wave. But you are going to need some current drivers and a attenuator for the output.
Thanks
Adam

I would just assume plug something like an Arduino or similar into an L293 or similar, then write a little code to generate the appropriate PWM signals.

though, I guess for non-controller options, a person could use an L293 and a 555 timer and an adjustable voltage regulator and similar, using potentiometers to control the output settings.

but, no idea of any dedicated IC to do this task.

likewise, generally a person may still need to use BJTs or MOSFETs or similar if they need more of an ability to run a load.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
A signal generator chip combined with an audio amp (one that can go to 80KHz) would probably be the simplest way to get what you want.