Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Does the quality of sound depends upon side speakers?HOW?

kapilhasija

Feb 16, 2013
hi all, i do have a intex 2.1 speakers, the central big speaker is fine,but 2 side speakers r broken, i am to purchase new side speakers, i want to know does the quality of sound depends upon side speakers?HOW?? (i want to understand it conceptually) actually the branded side speakers r of double price than normal ones.
I M NEW TO THIS SITE.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
Yes. The big speaker can theoretically give you the full range of sounds if you are sitting directly in from of it. But generally you are not. A speaker makes sound by moving a column of air directly in front of it. And if the speaker is small and a low note or low frequency it being played the air simply passes from the format of the speaker around to the back and the result is little sound reaches you. And a big speaker can move the same air with the same not and little air passes around. Now a big speaker has a flexible cone and when high nots or frequency comes into it the cone and you are not sitting directly in front of the speaker the sound from one side of the speaker is going to reach you at a different tome than the other side of the speaker and you get what is called "phasing". This reduces the sound you get from that speaker. But the little speakers have less phasing because of their small size.
A side note is that head phones have little speakers and you get good all around sound both lithe and lows. And that's because they are coupled more directly to your ears so there is less air passing from the front to the back of the speakers.