Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DPDT relay wiring

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Looks like it is 2 relays in the one casing.
Had a peek at the spec sheet and it says double mini relay.
You could verify it by powering one coil and use a multimeter to check the contact closure.
So for your motor you would energise one coil for forward and one coil for reverse.
If using with a microcontroller don't forget diodes across the coils and some interface (transistor or mosfet) to drive the coils as they are 12V.
Make sure you include some sort of interlock between the 2 so both cannot come on together.
Wiring for the motor would be the same as I put here a few days ago.

Attachments

• MotorPower.jpg
    MotorPower.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 130

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Looks like it is 2 relays in the one casing.
Had a peek at the spec sheet and it says double mini relay.
You could verify it by powering one coil and use a multimeter to check the contact closure.
So for your motor you would energise one coil for forward and one coil for reverse.
If using with a microcontroller don't forget diodes across the coils and some interface (transistor or mosfet) to drive the coils as they are 12V.
Make sure you include some sort of interlock between the 2 so both cannot come on together.
Wiring for the motor would be the same as I put here a few days ago.
There is a trick you can use that is employed in most automotive window/lock installations.

V23084-C2001-A303.gif

Pins 25 and 15 go directly to the motor.
Pins 24 and 14 go directly to ground.
Pins 23 and 13 go directly to Vcc (Power)
That is the high power side and will ensure that even if you try to trigger forward and reverse at the same time, you won't break anything ;)
Neutral, both wires held to ground. Motor will 'brake' and resist motion.
Forward, motor + wire connects to Vcc. Motor will move forward.
Reverse, motor - wire connects to Vcc. Motor will move backward.
For + Rev, motor + and - wires connect to Vcc. Motor will 'brake' and resist motion.

From here, it's up to you to determine how you want to drive the coils on pins 21/22, and 11/12.

mikgol

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks very much for your help guys. I'll give that a go. I don't get too much time on my electronics hobby unfortunately, so I work on my projects in dribs and drabs when I find the time (this relay is for a project I started months ago) - ty for sharing your expertise :)