Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DSC-P52 digital camera power button

TheuTrich

Nov 17, 2021
I just received my spare part for my old camera. Exciting and start to fix it, and the result with my clumsy come to the socket for the button, led and the shutter button is gone. even worst is some solder pad is gone. I have tried soldering some wire and only 2 wire is the missing solder pad
Here is the image(sorry if it is big):
new.jpg
And here is what the wire looks like(green and red wires are the same in the upper image):
anothernew.jpgjustonemore.jpg
is there a new way to connect the wire?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The missing track may have had a connection to another pcb layer (it's a multi-layered board, possibly as many as EIGHT layers!). Unless the missing pad passed right through the board and appears on the reverse then you'd have to find out where the pad connects to via the inter-layer connection - potentially impossible without a schematic,

TheuTrich

Nov 17, 2021
The missing track may have had a connection to another pcb layer (it's a multi-layered board, possibly as many as EIGHT layers!). Unless the missing pad passed right through the board and appears on the reverse then you'd have to find out where the pad connects to via the inter-layer connection - potentially impossible without a schematic,
I didn't know that. I just think it is an old PCB with at least 2 layers. that explains why I can't find the trace of the pad

TheuTrich

Nov 17, 2021
by the way, if you can find a diagram for the PCB please tell me. I have searched all the google and don't find any. Thanks