Maker Pro
Maker Pro

DT9205A Multimeter selector switch contacts

Atwater

Feb 25, 2021
I purchased a DT9205A Multimeter kit. Since it was cheap, it did not come with any assembling instructions but I was able to figure out most of it. I've got a question about the placement of the contacts on the selector switch. The unit powers up and appears to work but the selector may not be correct. Of course, there could be other problems since it was a kit. I found a photo on this site which shows the five contacts and there placement which I tried with not much luck. Does anyone have the assembly instructions for this kit or can verify the placement of the selector contacts. I attached a photo to my best guess at the locations. Thanks for the help.

Bob

dt9205A.jpg DT9205A selector.jpg

Atwater

Feb 25, 2021
Thanks for the response and the additional documents/drawings. As far as the error, it powers up and you can see the decimal points move as you step thru the selector but there is no buzzer for the continuity setting even trying to step around the dial. It does show a "1" at that setting which I think is correct and zero's when you short the input. I tried measuring resistors but get nothing. I did notice the buzzer is wired to different points on the board so I need to check that. I also noticed that your diagram shows seven "V" contacts for the selector switch. My kit only came with five, so somethings not matching. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Atwater

Feb 25, 2021

Thanks for suggesting this post. I actual found this post a couple of weeks ago and found it very helpful with some of my questions. I was finally able to get the continuity buzzer working on the correct selector setting but the other ranges don't seem right. I can't help but think there is something else going on with the selector. Of course, there could always be something else wrong. Thanks again.