Maker Pro
Maker Pro

duel control of actuator via DPDT momentary switch for manual control and remote control via an RF 2ch relay. disabled drivers seat

Mmb_spaced

May 19, 2023
hi there I am in a wheelchair but still drive but due to my current seat failing and trapping me it must be replaced a friend has kindly offered to weld the frame and actuator mount, but I need to be able to control the seat and move it from the driving position behind the steering wheel into the back (on guide runners) so I can ride up the rear ramp into the car and transfer from my wheelchair into the driver's seat and then move it back to the front so I am ready to drive. I already have a DPDT momentary switch wired up in the standard way to control this, my problem is that I am not the only driver, I only drive when I am 100% sure I am safe to as my pain can be distracting and affects focus, etc so carers and friend drive some times and other times simply borrow my car, but they tend to forget to return the seat to the back of the car leaving me unable to reach the switch on the driver's seat to bring it back hence the need for a remote control that I can strip down out of its cover and solder bigger buttons to it and use it mounted in a project box on the arm of my wheelchair where I can reach it and cannot forget to bring it as it is attached, I have tried several ways to hook this up simply connecting the switch after the relay board to the actuator wires but then neither relay or switch will work, I have tried to use diodes to restrict the power flow so it does not head down the line in to the relay and then the switch does not work but the relay does, I want to try to keep it as simple as possible so there is very little that can go wrong hence not wanting to use an Arduino or the like. can anyone please advise me on how this can be achieved if possible no circuit diagrams it is double Dutch to me, just things like COM1&2 NC1&2 NO1&2 power input and output, and if diodes in what direction I am hoping you guys can help this is quite an urgent issue and sadly I am very lacking of funds so cannot just shell out for expensive gear at the mo. it will be powered from a line to the battery so 12v, the actuator is rated to push-pull 1500newtons and peek 6amps I do not think there is anything else that you need to know please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors I am also severely dyslexic and the software simply does not catch all errors. please note that the relay boards are not the car-based relays that often seem to come up. I have uploaded a very similar image of one so you know what I am using. And a few other pictures that should show you what I am hoping for and one method that failed also shows the DPDT wiring and what the main aim of this is. Thank you for reading this and for any help you can offer please remember I am a novice and the sort of thing you see in the uploads are the sort of info I can follow sorry but my pain can be very extreme and makes things very difficult. So any help would be fantastic. Thank you in advance. Mark.

Attachments

• 2023-05-19 23_15_51-AC 220V 433MHz 2 Channel 2CH Independent Wireless RF Relay Remote Cont – d...png
    2023-05-19 23_15_51-AC 220V 433MHz 2 Channel 2CH Independent Wireless RF Relay Remote Cont – d...png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • narrower at back section car seat mount added cross braces for back actuator suport with contr...jpg
    narrower at back section car seat mount added cross braces for back actuator suport with contr...jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1
  • with seat fully exstended in to back of car 4.jpg
    with seat fully exstended in to back of car 4.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1
  • this is just to show the connections.jpg
    this is just to show the connections.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 1
  • wiring for remote relay with dpdt switch using diodes 1n4007 did not work- .jpg
    wiring for remote relay with dpdt switch using diodes 1n4007 did not work- .jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DPDT wiring  .jpg
    DPDT wiring .jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Any work such as you describe would need to be certified by the appropriate authority.
I would imagine any "builder" would need to have the relative certification clearance as well.

Mmb_spaced

May 19, 2023
hi there the friend is certified, and after talking to a mechanic friend when the need arose to sort out the seat arose and who does MOT's (the legal safety standards test annually) he stated that so long as it meets the safety standards and is structurally sound there would be no problems. and as the seatbelt anchor is bolted through the floor on a long stalk as fitted out when converted professionally that would be fine too, if it was a public transport car like a taxi then that is very different but this is for private use only. but thank you for the input.