• It's not normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's normal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

noob.here

May 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have something in my mind, i want to diy a table saw, and i came across to use the blender dynamo motor but my problem is I don't have any knowledge in electronics.

I removed the switch with a board to the motor and direct plugged the motor to 220v and it works, but I'm scared when i saw some sparks inside the motor and i feel some heat, is it normal?

I konw this is a very noob question but i need your help guys and sorry for my english and i will appreciate your help!!! Thanks in advance

IMG_0862.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
That fear you feel is your body's natural response to playing with things that can kill you in an irreversibly dead manner.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir noob . . . . .

Just observations . . .but that blender motor should come up faaaaaaar-faaaaaaar-faaaaaar ( times 10x ) short of the needs of a tablesaw.

I started with a 1/3 horsepower 1750 rpm unit on my 8 inch table saw in 1956 and finally updated to a 3/4 horsepower one in 2000 with its then 3400 RPM and ended up increasing that 2X with its pulley ratio.
BOY, do I ever get a super smooooooooooooooth cut now, using a 60 tooth carbide tipped blade.

Your viewed sparking should be related to the universal type of motor construction and the NATURALLY INHERENT presence of sparks between the commutator and its two brushes.
If this motor was just going to be used in a lower mechanically demanding task, it certainly seem that motor speed controller board shown could certainly use some CLEANING off, of the BLACK . . .probably carbon related . . . covering that you see all about it.
It would certainly be cleaned off by me, before plugging into . .shudder . . .shudder . . . a 220VAC outlet.
With my intially trying FANTASTIC or 409 cleaner and a stiff brush and some agressive cleaning and rinsing.
Then placing it out in the hot sun to bake for a whole day, until it was totally bone dry.
Or the use of a heated blow drier to force blown heat to dry the unit.

73's de Edd

noob.here

May 22, 2017
Sir noob . . . . .

Just observations . . .but that blender motor should come up faaaaaaar-faaaaaaar-faaaaaar ( times 10x ) short of the needs of a tablesaw.

I started with a 1/3 horsepower 1750 rpm unit on my 8 inch table saw in 1956 and finally updated to a 3/4 horsepower one in 2000 with its then 3400 RPM and ended up increasing that 2X with its pulley ratio.
BOY, do I ever get a super smooooooooooooooth cut now, using a 60 tooth carbide tipped blade.

Your viewed sparking should be related to the universal type of motor construction and the NATURALLY INHERENT presence of sparks between the commutator and its two brushes.
If this motor was just going to be used in a lower mechanically demanding task, it certainly seem that motor speed controller board shown could certainly use some CLEANING off, of the BLACK . . .probably carbon related . . . covering that you see all about it.
It would certainly be cleaned off by me, before plugging into . .shudder . . .shudder . . . a 220VAC outlet.
With my intially trying FANTASTIC or 409 cleaner and a stiff brush and some agressive cleaning and rinsing.
Then placing it out in the hot sun to bake for a whole day, until it was totally bone dry.
Or the use of a heated blow drier to force blown heat to dry the unit.

73's de Edd

Thank you Sir!!! Hhhmmm actually that is one of my problem I don't know what rpm has that motor, is there anyways to know it's rpm?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
When I was a teenager I found a cheap motor like that and I put a propeller on it and made it into a fan. The motor sparked inside like yours. The sparks made so much radio and TV interference that the RF cops came to talk to me.
They said many people around me complained of interference. When my neighbours were told it was me then they gave me a real fan that did not make sparks or interference.

noob.here

May 22, 2017
When I was a teenager I found a cheap motor like that and I put a propeller on it and made it into a fan. The motor sparked inside like yours. The sparks made so much radio and TV interference that the RF cops came to talk to me.
They said many people around me complained of interference. When my neighbours were told it was me then they gave me a real fan that did not make sparks or interference.

Wow!!!, now i need to do my table saw using this motor, just hoping the same thing happens to me, my neighbors will complain and they will give me a real table saw! Hehehe