Maker Pro
Maker Pro

EEPROM

Genieuser

Apr 3, 2012
hiya im new to electronics as i am currently doing an elect. GCSE course. im using a genie e18 and using the circuit wizard software to program it although ive ran out of space and require more external memory. i need an eeprom to store an audio file that my E18 can read. How would i go about writing the audio file to the eeprom?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The easiest way is to use a programming device (programmer). If you have access to one, check whether it supports your type of EEPROM. The manual will tell you which data format to use for the information to be programmed.

Otherwise, you will need to build some programming logic yourself. Not the easiest task, but not impossible either. The datasheet of your EEPROM will tell you how to program it (algorithm, timing, possibly extra programming voltage etc).

Instead of using an EEPROM have a look at FLASH memory. The big differences are:
1) EEPROM can be programmed address by address, whereas FLASH can be programmed only blockwise. For your application this should be no problem.
2) FLASH typically comes with much more memory capacity than EEPROM.
As for programming FLASH all I said about programming EEPROM holds true.

Harald

Genieuser

Apr 3, 2012
Thanx

thank you for your swift reply i will be looking into both techniques again thank you :)

Williumjone

Apr 28, 2012
That's good post. Thanks for this You have very good comment in this. So that's very good informative to us. [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: