Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronic Development

jim bcp

Apr 2, 2014
I had not pulled up the datasheet yet; I see that now. Turning the outputs of one or more accelerometers into the equivalent quadrature squarewaves is going to take some number crunching. I get the desire for something that is reverse compatible at the interface connector so it can just be plugged into the existing controller, but that makes for a lot of extra work.

ak

Jim bcp
Would it be better to change the code in the main control processor to accept the output from the accelerometer.

jim bcp

Apr 2, 2014
Jim bcp
Would it be better to change the code in the main control processor to accept the output from the accelerometer.
I had not pulled up the datasheet yet; I see that now. Turning the outputs of one or more accelerometers into the equivalent quadrature squarewaves is going to take some number crunching. I get the desire for something that is reverse compatible at the interface connector so it can just be plugged into the existing controller, but that makes for a lot of extra work.

ak
ak
How hard would it be to make the main control accept the signal from the accelerometer?
jim bcp