Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronic glue?

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
Is there a substance I can use to "glue" two small metal pieces together so that they would still conduct electricity? I am not sure I can use regular solder as it might not be strong enough to hold the parts together. (sorry if the question seems dumb, but I did not come across any material that would do the job other than regular solder)

All help appreciated.:)

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Solder is typically strong enough for most applications, but if you are worried about it, you could try soldering the parts together then using something like JB Weld around the joint.

What pieces are you connecting and why are you worried about it coming apart?

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Don't know why the link didn't work. Well, just do a search for electrical conductive glue. I've seen it used on glass solar panels.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
if for some weird reason you are using the wire to hold tension and it keeps breaking might i suggest using something else like a chain to hold the tension while using wires for their purpose, which is conducting electricity

elmousa68

Apr 27, 2011
I have a mobile phone which is a bit old and it has small bent metal pieces on the top and bottom sides where the batteries are supposed to be placed. Two of these connectors broke and I am looking for a way to glue these pieces back in their place. I am not sure that solder would do the trick...

These metal connectors are subject to a slight tension when the batteries are placed, which made me seek a strong substance to hold them together.

Raven Luni

Oct 15, 2011
You could use something like araldite or any 'normal' glue and solder a small wire on to the metal bits.