Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ELECTRONIC LOCK SYSTEM CONTROLLED BY BLUETOOTH

Mohammad Al-Hiyali

Apr 8, 2015
I have the following design parameters and schematic below.
Design, implement and test a solution to thefollowing problem:

You will be using a PIC18F4520 microcontroller board to design and produce a versatile remotely controlled Electronic Locking System(ELS).

The laboratory aspect of the assignment is of a four,3 hour session duration.

The following tasks must be completed by the group:

Design a remotely controlled intelligent Electronic Locking/ Unlocking system that performs the following tasks:

1. The functional system implementation is based around the PIC18F4520 microcontroller. The.The stand-alone unit is remotely controlled via an Asynchronous Serial Interface by a host device.

2. The remote control aspect of the communication is via a wireless Bluetooth communication device mounted on the remote lock system while the controlling device could be a smart phone a Tab, or a remote PC. The remote device sends a three digit user selected code that locks and unlocks the system.

3. On receiving a correct 3-digit PIN the locking or unlocking function can be selected.

4. The secure code is set by the user (owner).The code should by stored in the non-volatile area of the PIC’s EEPROM.

5. The display of key entries are masked by the system from “prying eyes” by echoing the *

character.

6. The user would only be given the chance for three retry entries. An unsuccessful lock/unlock sequence will initiate an alarm condition on the remote lock unit via an on-board sounder and by flashing an RGB LED. The system should remain in active for A specified time interval

7. The RGB LED and sounder will also be used for feedback purposes during the selection of the various system operational functions.

8. The locking/unlocking mechanism of the system is implemented via a solenoid with the appropriate driver interface

jayanthd

Jul 4, 2015
I can write a code for you using mikroC PRO PIC Compiler. It will take say 3 hours max to finish the coding. UART is used to receive the 3 digit code from BT device or any other device which ccn be interfaced to UART of PIC. PIC system will have a display to display the received 3 digit code as '*'. One digital IO pin is used for Solenoid (driven using MOSFET), one for LED and one for Alarm (Buzzer). A timer interrupt can be used to generate delay for the time for which LEDa and Buzzer has to be active. I only write code in C.

Mohammad Al-Hiyali

Apr 8, 2015
Thanks for help, but I finished this project.
However I am up for discussing any C projects for practice and experience with you if you want.

jayanthd

Jul 4, 2015
GSM and GPS based Accident Notifier. A crash sensor is the vehicle detects the crash and triggers the MCU to get the GPS data (lat and long). This is then appended to a SMS stored in SD Card and sent to all mobile numbers stored in SD Card.