Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronic Simulation Software

dizignit.jason

Jan 30, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for purchasing software for electronic simulation. This is strictly at a hobbyist level. I am looking for some pretty basic features such as testing the use of resistors, diodes, capacitors, LED's, transistors, gates, and common IC's. I am looking for a good selection of parts within the software or even expandable. I do not mind paying more then a hundred dollars or so for this. I would like benchmarking tools available such as osciliscopes and multimeters. I am really liking TINA although I am not sure how long it will take me to grow out of the basic version. Does anyone have any suggestions.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There's plenty of free software on the net. Sometimes it's a somewhat limited version of a commercial product, so you can try it out to see if it suits you.

dizignit.jason

Jan 30, 2012
hey there Rleo6965. I really like the functionality of new wave concepts. I think this is exactly what I am looking for. I downloaded the demo and all I can do is test the circuits they provide. Do you have any recommendations on where to download/purchase the full version of this software?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Check their sales link on their site.

twister

Feb 12, 2012

N
o, it's not a pirated software. It is the free student edition that is no longer being supported by the developer.
It works great on my Vista OS as well does the pro version now being sold under the name Altium Designer, but I mostly use Multisim Pro.

Thanks a lot for Circuit Maker link! I finally got it to work and I spent a few hours today learning how to use it.

gringo8217

Mar 20, 2012
you can purchase circuit wizard at new waves website or its available through maplin stores.

dag

Oct 16, 2012
LTSPICE is pretty good and has quite a few features.

I second this. I've used LTSPICE for years. It's free, and quite a full-feature simulator, including the capability to add your own custom parts when you eventually get to that point. They target it as switching power supply simulation software, but don't be put off by that. It can do any basic to moderately advanced circuit.

I also tried TINA early on which looked nice at first, but practical use turned up significant limitations/quirks and I finally got frustrated enough to look elsewhere. I think its main function is to try to sell the hardware produced by the same company.