Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics & computer Science Question

ahmadicabara

Oct 4, 2011
Hi,

I hope I am asking this question on the right forum. I am an EENG undergrad. After 2 courses of CS I started making games which I can sell. My question: is there anything like that but purely electronics? For example designing circuits and selling them. If yes can you point to websites or a way to enjoy EENG as a hobby and also earn money?

Regards

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
Please don't use acronyms, as most folks probably won't know what EENG is. All I see is "EE is no good". :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
welcome to the forums
yeah sure you can design and sell circuits, but considering the huge amount of free circuit designs on the www you will probably have a hard time getting people to part with their money for something that they can otherwise get for free.

You could design and make finished products or alternatively design products and sell them as kitsets.

those 2 avenues would be your best bet :)

cheers
Dave

ahmadicabara

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me of examples of finished products that one can design Part time??

Btw how am I going to sell the kits or anything can you point to a website or something?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
If you are looking for the equivalent of an app store, I don't think it exists for hardware.

Bob