Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Mortuary

Erstwhile

Apr 12, 2022
I found this Phone while metal detecting at the beach. It was buried about two feet deep in the sand. About half a metre below the low tide mark. Right where the shore break pounds. It had a very bulged battery too. Which I removed with a small tire lever. The back panel was not found.View attachment 26613 View attachment 26614 View attachment 26615 View attachment 26616 View attachment 26617

It stopped leaking water out after a few days. Can it be fixed?
It might not be repairable, but the contents of the memory chip(s) might be extractable.
If you are able to read the contents, you might know why such measures were taken to keep the phone from falling into the wrong hands...
In other words, if you let it be known that you've recovered the contents of the phone memory, you may end up in a similar situation as the phone.
B^)

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
It might not be repairable, but the contents of the memory chip(s) might be extractable.
If you are able to read the contents, you might know why such measures were taken to keep the phone from falling into the wrong hands...
In other words, if you let it be known that you've recovered the contents of the phone memory, you may end up in a similar situation as the phone.
B^)
Quite a strange one that one. I would be very careful with what you find. It may be nothing but it does seem strange to be buried that deep. Interesting though. Could contain a bit coin wallet and be worth millions of dollars, could be f all?
Best of luck with your endeavors.