Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics newb - Would this be possible?

gpoppi

Feb 12, 2015
Hello everyone,
I'll start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about electronics and this is why I am here. I am conducting initial research around an entrepreneurial idea I have had and that I would like to develop.

What I basically need is a device that vibrates at different intensities depending on what data is being received through bluetooth module. Imagine an iphone app with three buttons: low, medium and high. depending on what button is pressed, i need the device to vibrate accordingly. that simple. In other words what i need is a "remotely controlled bluetooth vibrating board". Further details: the board must have battery cells and a charging module.

Here is the catch: I need it to fit within 3.5cm x 1cm x 0.6cm. Would this be physically possible? If not what would be the minimum size I could make it with?

Also, if I could kindly ask someone to list me all the components that would be required that would be great.

All the information you have that could point me in the direction please do share!

Thank you everyone very much for reading!

VMagno

Feb 11, 2015
Neat idea mate, I'll go develop that myself! mwahaha!!

Nah man well you'll need a vibrator motor, range in sizes like the ones used in phones, to other used in gaming controls or straight up women vibrators. If it's a varying intensity vibrating motor you're looking for then do some research on women vibrators, they probably got a switch from mild to insane lol or ask your lady friends if you could "borrow" ;o one haha. You'll need a bluetooth module and develop a circuitry to connect both and make it function as you want, program the app to run with that. I'm no expert either sorry :/

Cell phone vibrator: http://www.directindustry.com/prod/...lectric-vibrators-miniature-39252-466981.html
Bluetooth module: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Serial-port-bluetooth-module-MasterSlave-p-572.html
obviously more stuff, but that's the extent of my "expertise"

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Here is the catch: I need it to fit within 3.5cm x 1cm x 0.6cm. Would this be physically possible? If not what would be the minimum size I could make it with?

the size is somewhat unrealistic and unless you are going to get it designed and build by Japanese micro electronics experts, it isn't going to happen.

Look at the size of that BT board and buzzer that VMagno linked to.
On top of those measurements you need to account for space for the battery and the
decoder/driver circuitry that will take the BT signal and drive the vibrator

You might just about get away with something around
4.5cm x 2cm x 1cm. That would be an absolute minimum

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yeah bought the wife one of those for Xmas

and it demonstrates my previous comment ....
designed and build by Japanese micro electronics experts,

Dave