Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Point:1 Chat Room Open!

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
elecpoint.png Yahoo Chat Replacement!

https://app.box.com/s/0ygpdp00xs8jhwn0t3l0at7vp2lsfcff

(Quick Steps, go to step 1 below and download the binary, 2. extract/copy/unzip to c:\sparta chat\ 3. run it, put in the ip 207.255.16.91 by adding the server. 3. put in a fake password and username, it does not yet store the database, work in progress it's just beta right now and 4. Press the login button Menu > Sparta > Login )

/join Electronics Point:1

And you can chat to other experts here :)

I've open sourced the chat client and hosting (a beta) 24/7 chat server server for people to login (bottom of page)
Users/Database Support (Can't remember you yet, hopefully next week this should be online)

*Multiple Chat rooms
*/goto
*/invite
/join

full private messaging support too!

Because we only have a couple of servers, i've taken a p2p approach, lots of little servers, each inter connected (eg, connecting up two servers and seeing people chatting to each other regardless of server, like yahoo
but by people like yourself)

In development

*Images next to ID support by using hosted server
*nodes, to expand the network
*Android chat client for sparta
*Future Future date, a possible chat server that runs on Android
in places without internet access
*Voice Chat

207.255.16.91 //dedicated 24/7 server until it all works, and then it will be rolled out to multiple servers,

how to use the chat client..

301.2 (in client type /ver)

download The chat Client as a zip, simply open the zip and extract to c:\sparta or c:\sparta chat\ infact, you can put it anywhere except the desktop as it has problems there so don't do that, just stick it
in a folder some where, copy/extract the folder.

Step 2. Menu > Sparta > Login > (Add a server, 207.255.16.91)

Step 3. Put in a username and password, it's irrelevant what, just aslong as it's not blank, it's not stored or used, while the password
is sent, it's not yet being saved to disk, when you logout the datawill go, but it's probably a good idea to have a password because
it's used to validate it's you and not someone else.. huh?

eg, login with god and a password of iamgod

now, you'll login no problem, but if someone else comes along and tries to login as you AT THE SAME TIME it will check to make sure the logged in password is the same password as the one you're using to login with, this prevents someone "booting you" once in that ID is yours until you
leave, no boots...

Step 4 > from the menu "Format" > Sparta Chat Sounds, you may want to untick it, it felt like a good idea years ago when yahoo died lol, but it seems annoying now ..

Of course, now simply sparta > login....

And a link to the Source code to Sparta Chat Client..

(Compiled with Borland Delphi 5)

Of course, yahelite should also login as this protocol was developed a few years ago and David Binette added the SPRT protocol to yahelite!

Last edited:

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
How's the project going CJ? I first liked the idea, then I saw that it was through FB :rolleyes: Have you had much activity?

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Through fb? It's just a group the files are hosted externally and has nothing else to do with fb...

Been busy working on the server itself adding moderation support, but the test server has apparently been fine and working great, just need more users!

My original post... scroll down two box file links, download both, absolutely nothing to do with facebook

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
That might have a better turnout ;)

I don't understand? Facebook is not needed to chat with, i'm using facebook to explain what it is... anyone in windows can login right now, facebook has not got anything to do with this chat client or server...

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Oh, I thought I read in the original message that you had started a FB page for it and assumed you would need to login through FB to access it. I can't verify it anymore since the original post has been edited.

Good on you for the efforts - if enough people are aware of it, it will prove to be a useful backup when the site is down and for those who require a realtime explanation.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
The fb page was and is just that... info about what this is..

I used to use yahoo chat for programming bouncing ideas off in real time it's far quicker than waiting around for emails, i had an idea for finding users when moderation is added but until then it's just in test stage..

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Real time is necessary sometimes to shorten the design cycle, very true... if both participants are available! That's what's great about the site, people assist according to there own schedules. Wouldn't I like to have Hevans, Ed,steve, ratch, lvw, collins, dave, etc. on tap - hell yeah! But time zones dictate otherwise in some cases. Also, it sometimes requires us newbies to read, read and reread and digest before we can ask another intelligent question ;)