Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Project - PLC

ShaneJF

Jul 16, 2015
Hello, I have to design a PLC Product to this brief and I have no idea where to go:

A display which shows a Hospital and has buttons that are linked to each department in the hospital a member of the public then presses the button and a illuminated LED pathway lights to the department showing the route the project must contain the following: ladder functions (incorporate analogue and digital inputs  count events  use time delays  produce a sequence of events  monitor inputs and take decisions  incorporate program tools, such as switches/software switches, in combinations which perform AND, OR and latching functions) and a micro-controller project that uses standard subroutines that make the PIC micro-controller carry out functions similar to those studied in the ladder logic.

I need some serious help!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Well, if you volunteerd and passed, congrats to you. I can't pass with studying!!!

But that doesn't change your dilemma.
That is some kind of serious practical side. I don't envy you.

Sounds more like computer programming rather than actual hands on!
The switches, buttons and lights are pretty straight forward. but incorporating these into software is for the programmers on here.
I wish you luck.

Martin

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
If you intend doing this using a standard Industrial PLC format, then usually you would design it around a particular make of PLC.
Typically these are programmed in Ladder or Boolean format.
A flow chart of events are usually created first. Together with a list of external operators required to work on.
A PLC simulator or the PLC set up in a test environment is a definite advantage.
Some often use the term PLC for μp outside of the normal Industrial definition.
M.