Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics sourcing help

Ewill185

Jun 7, 2023
Hi everyone. I'm currently 14 and I'm starting my gcse dt project. For it I need a lot of electronic components e.g various sensors, smd and through hole resistors and capacitors, Development boards, transistors and if anyone has any equipment that would also be great. If you do have anything that you'd be willing to donate then that would be really appreciated. Please may you leave a comment.
Thanks
Euan

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Like the man said where you at!!
You're going to have to solder those components I can let go one of my 16 soldering stations capable of doing both through hole,surface Mount you will be making mistakes so the solder sucker is going to cost you a nickel (just kidding) and then you're going to need a power supply consider it done 5 amp 30 volt linear I got breadboards pcbs for point-point soldering and then you have to test it plenty of multimeters analog digital you're on your way kiddo!
Don't give any personal information addresses phone numbers or anything like that here all this should be done through your parents.

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I've donated stuff FOC on many occasions but there are still times when simply making a list and ordering what you need straight to your door is simpler, quicker and more productive.

From a box of 'random crap' you're unlikely to get even 5% of the parts you need for a SPECIFIC project.

On the basis of having a 'scrap box' full of stuff to maybe salvage the odd part then this is the start of your OCD journey into amateur electronics!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Although my equipment is tip top working out of the box after that post conversing with a 14-year-old I have no choice but to cancel my offer to you . There are good people in this world who like to help but you have to help a certain way it's all about getting along. Independent of who pays the price.

Ewill185

Jun 7, 2023
Like the man said where you at!!
You're going to have to solder those components I can let go one of my 16 soldering stations capable of doing both through hole,surface Mount you will be making mistakes so the solder sucker is going to cost you a nickel (just kidding) and then you're going to need a power supply consider it done 5 amp 30 volt linear I got breadboards pcbs for point-point soldering and then you have to test it plenty of multimeters analog digital you're on your way kiddo!
Don't give any personal information addresses phone numbers or anything like that here all this should be done through your parents.
Hi, is there any way that either me or my parents could contact you?