Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Emerson 40 inch Help?

kisamokichi

Jun 12, 2013
We've had this tv for about 2 months now. We did use it for the computer, but we recently put it in our livingroom. I had set it up the normal way, you know, adding channel 4 for the cable, which is all I did. However, when turning on the tv, it plays for about 5 seconds, then turns to static, and then black, saying it has no signal. Its been working since we got it up until now. Help?

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
So you were never able to get the cable to work properly on it?

Go through the menu and make sure that it is set for cable.

Then do a channel scan with the cable box running.

If there are still issues please let us know.

kisamokichi

Jun 12, 2013
There is no option for setting it. It seems to be a problem with the cable, maybe. Its not the tv doing it, because I still can change the channel back and forth. Its the cable box static-ing out.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
I meant the menu of the TV, scna for channels while the cable box is connected, make sure the TV knows that it is looking for cable signals.

kisamokichi

Jun 12, 2013
The problem is with the cable box. Need a HD cable box because our old one isn't compatible with our new tv. Thanks c:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
As long as you are on the right input and it it outputting you should get something, almost everything in backwards compatible when it comes to connections (you can still run a Colecovision on a brand new TV)

The coax should be able to receive antenna signals or standard cable signals with no issue, but upgrading to HD will definitely help.