Maker Pro

EMP and Solar Flare Protection. Breakthrough in circuit-breaker technology

Do you all think my invention will be funded and eventually go into national producti

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Probable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Possible

• May Be

• Unlikely

• No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
I uploaded the videos on Youtube:

Hello all technology lovers, I have a system that I'm currently working on. It is a high-level emp attenuation system that is faster, more redundant, and much cheaper that any other system.

There are EMP protection products already out there but they are limited to a certain frequency range, power rating, rise-time, and need extra components in order to stand up to the power of an EMP. "Why keep your old gas engine when you can get an electric one that is 5 times more powerful and cheaper.”

I'll list a few specifications here so that you can better understand the purpose of my system and how it is completely different from present configurations of other organizations:

What my system doesn't use that makes it cost effective, more redundant, and completely different:

No shunts, grounding, or EM filters needed.

No limit on frequency ranges or power levels produced by current technology when the correct components are supplied.

No delay in the attenuation response; the response is instantaneous.

No required connection type between “dirty” and “clean” connections.

No add-on components needed that add to the total cost; shunt capacitors, MOVs, resistors, secondary SASD arrays, feed-thru capacitors, or diodes of any kind are needed. (Created during the construction of the system)

No add-on transient protector or lightning arrestor. (Created during the construction of the system)

What my system has that makes it faster, more cost effective than current systems, and completely different:

Breakthrough in circuit-breaker technology

Encourages the predefined power but blocks out transient voltages. (Greater than 200kV per squared meter

Effective EMP and Solar Flare coverage. (Greater than 200kV and 3kA per squared meter)

Can be combined with any power system that has a power input.

Doesn’t interfere with the output power of the system needing protection.

No limit on the place of installation as long as the elementary characteristics of the components are met.

Works in any operating condition that does not go above the elemental ratings of the components.

No components to burn out in regular operating conditions or during predefined over voltage conditions.

Costs, for some applications, do not go above $800.

Only adjustments in the metallic and dielectric components are needed to fit the application, therefore, lowering the cost.

Will also be available to the general population. (Only protecting power stations doesn’t ensure the protection of server farms and consumer homes)

Because a ground is not needed, the risk of conducting a voltage from underground conductors is expelled.

Natural transient surge protectors and lightening arrestors are created during the construction of the system. (This is why add-on components are not needed)

Make sure to look at the description below the video for more information on forums and links. Tell me what you think.

eptheta

Dec 20, 2009
Not this again......
[Sarcasm] I believe you. You are a great fellow. I submit to your awesomeness. Congratulations. I will buy this because it is so great. Blah, blah, yak. And so forth. [/Sarcasm]

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
Not this again......
[Sarcasm] [/Sarcasm]

Please, inform me of why you still don't accept the two videos?

What isn't provided in the videos and what don't you believe that is provided in the videos.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Please, inform me of why you still don't accept the two videos?
What isn't provided in the videos and what don't you believe that is provided in the videos.

and your point is ???

you didnt prove anything othe than having some sort of normal
voltage regulation hidden in the box that can reduce the high voltage down to something the LED's can handle
so what are you offering that cant be done with normal voltage regulation ??

Dave

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
voltage regulation hidden in the box....

....what are you offering that cant be done with normal voltage regulation ??

Dave

To prove that this is not a simple voltage regulator:

1.) Coil-rotation AC voltage regulator - Uses a servomechanism and braking system to control the position of a coil that controls the output.

Did you hear any kind of mechanical movement during the video? Did you see me flip a switch on the box that unlocks some sort of "braking system" that moved an imaginary coil in the box?

2.)AC voltage stabilizers - Uses an autotransformer that regulated voltage close to the MAINS voltage. Anything over that is once again controlled by a servomechanism or motor that controls a tap. The efficiency of this kind of voltage regulator is below 60% at a low load level. In order to accommodate the higher voltages, this kind of regulator would need to be of moderate size.

My system was very small (6.5in x 7.5in x 6in), which the system itself is much smaller as it needs to fit in the first place. The leds were a very low load so the output should have varied greatly but only did so by 5 volts. By natural selection that proves that I didn't use some sort of AC voltage stabilizer. I had an autotransformer only to increase the input voltage of the transformer that was showing how my system attenuated that high-voltage. Did you hear any kind of mechanical movement during the video?

3.) DC voltage stabilizers- I'm not even going to cover this because the input transformer was at an AC voltage. Even if there were some sort of regulator as this kind, the 12000 volts would have fried it during the first 20 seconds, at least.

4.) Active regulators - uses shunting or transistors to control the output voltage.

Once again, as the videos stated, I didn't have any grounding wire coming out. Even if I did have some sort of metal plating inside to conduct a ground, the leds would have slowly starting dimming as the holes for electrons filled up. The intensity of the leds was constant when I stopped increasing the input voltage.

5.) Voltage stabilizer - Uses shunting methods to control the output using different kinds of diodes (zener or avalanche)

What I just said above - Once again, as the videos stated, I didn't have any grounding wire coming out. Even if I did have some sort of metal plating inside to conduct a ground, the leds would have slowly starting dimming as the holes for electrons filled up. The intensity of the leds was constant when I stopped increasing the input voltage.

7.) Linear regulators - use transistors or vacuum tubes to conduct to a ground.

Did you hear any ionization discharges coming from the box? The transistors would have been burned out by the 12kv input.

8.) Mains regulators - uses some sort of autotransformer to change a tap point in contrast to the input voltage.

Did you hear scraping coming from the box during the test? I know you heard the variac I was using scraping its slider. That was only used to increase the input voltage. That sort of regulator is out of the equation.

9.) Electromechanical regulators - Sort of like the breakers in the current home. Uses a magnetic field to pull a spring-loaded head to either open or close another circuit.

We all know what kind of sound this breaker makes. Did you hear anything like this coming from the box? The camera was very close as I filmed the leds being powered.

My system has no moving parts and doesn't require a grounding circuit to protect your equipment. I also listed what my system has in the first post.

Marc,

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
New video proving that my system isn't a step-down transformer.

This video answers a popular question asked by the people on the forums. Some believe that my system is simply a step-down transformer. This video will prove that it isn't a step-down transformer.

A step-down transformer has an exponential output in relationship to the input.

My system starts off linear when the input voltage doesn't go above the common MAINS voltage but then attenuates the extra voltage when the high-voltage transformer is introduced.

The video title is:
EMP and Solar Flare Protection - Answering Your Questions

Check it out.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010

In my opinion you are extremely misinformed and do not understand what you claim your device can do.

While watching the above video, I decided to see how many things you got wrong. I ran out of fingers and toes before a minute or so had elapsed.

OK, here are some of the highlights:

0:37 Description of MOVs. "Sort of capacitor" "overvoltage is met" "short out"

0:47 Problems with MOVs is that they are "To the side of the system"

0:48 Leading to MOVs "cant catch anyhting that may continue to go straight on", "Can only ground to the side".

0:54 Describing applications as "everything that comes into a power station or your home"

1:00 Describing operation as "if overvoltage will be attenuated on the spot"

1:23 Description of "Heat Test": "People believe that if you simply umm atatch a resistive element to a microcircuit that it will protect it. But that's not true. It is really (or fully?) the voltage that's doin' the damage as it causes um ah high increase of heat."

Then it all gets really bizarre with bunches of wires, and high voltage transformers, and a complete lack of understanding of voltage ratings of resistors and so much more. Oh, and apparently it can limit the power used in a circuit too!

I can't wait for part 2!

Part 2 is nowhere as funny, but he does demonstrate beautifully the reason why resistors have voltage ratings. The fact that he's driving his LED with AC is obviously a real issue too.

I would suggest that he replace his single 10M resistor with a series of smaller value resistors in series so that neither their voltage not power ratings are exceeded. In addition a diode (or another LED) needs to be placed in parallel with the one he is using to prevent large reverse voltages (even as little as 7V can kill the LED).

Also I note that the device is clearly placed in parallel with the power as it has both leads from the transformer leading to it, not a single connector as it would if the connection were a series one.

Furthermore, I would be really interested to see how this unit copes with a low impedance source of high voltage. I think it could be very... interesting.

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
Cannot Disprove Using Illogical Opinions

In my opinion you are extremely misinformed and do not understand what you claim your device can do.

Well, IF that's the case then throughout this post we'll assume that you know a good amount about electronics.

0:37 Description of MOVs. "Sort of capacitor" "overvoltage is met" "short out"

Since you are trying to contradict what I'm saying that should mean you know what an MOV is, front to back. An MOV contains a ceramic mass, the resistive element, sandwiched in between two conductive plates. This setup creates a magnetic field that pulls electrons to one plate and creates an excess of "holes" where electrons will "sit" in an atom on the other plate. The voltage will arc across the ceramic plate once a high enough voltage creates a magnetic field strong enough to pull the electrons across the ceramic mass.

Incorporating those type of components, let alone the configuration in which they are set up makes it a "sort of capacitor". If you have taken statistics then you would be comfortable with probability. When a percentage is high enough then a final statement can be made about your scenario.

0:47 Problems with MOVs is that they are "To the side of the system"

Actually, if you are going to use my video as evidence, note that I didn't say "Problems with MOVs". I also, if you continued to watch and didn't cut out the part that would completely contradict you, said that current surge protectors place their MOVs to the side, i.e. in parallel with the flow of power.

0:48 Leading to MOVs "cant catch anyhting that may continue to go straight on", "Can only ground to the side".

Once again you are not including what I said as you progress through the video. I said that when an MOV finally blows the resistance with increase, find that, and because of this the flow of power will continue to flow through the lines in a surge protector without going to ground during an over voltage event.

0:54 Describing applications as "everything that comes into a power station or your home"

I never described an application but a scenario. If you don't understand this then that is your problem.

1:00 Describing operation as "if overvoltage will be attenuated on the spot"

I never said what you "quoted" in that manner. I said that if whatever kind of power that comes into my system is considered as an over voltage then it will be attenuated on the spot. That means my system doesn’t allow some of that power to bypass. Right there should have been where you stopped because I can now tell that you either cannot hear, arbitrarily cutting out what I said to make it seem as if I didn't know what I was talking about, or you don't know how to part sentences, either way it is bad.

1:23 Description of "Heat Test": "People believe that if you simply umm atatch a resistive element to a microcircuit that it will protect it. But that's not true. It is really (or fully?) the voltage that's doin' the damage as it causes um ah high increase of heat."

I can see that you're just desperate in making me seem as if I don't know what I'm talking about. If you were really sure of what I was doing incorrectly then you wouldn't need to print my speech verbatim. You also didn't describe what was wrong with this.

Then it all gets really bizarre with bunches of wires, and high voltage transformers, and a complete lack of understanding of voltage ratings of resistors and so much more. Oh, and apparently it can limit the power used in a circuit too!

Of course it becomes bizarre to you because it is you that doesn't know enough about what I'm doing, nor do you understand electronics the way I do.

Oh, and apparently it can limit the power used in a circuit too!

What can limit the power? The trans, the wires, or the "lack" of understanding? But I thought, in reality I know, that understanding is an abstract and that it cannot limit what you are indirectly describing. How are you going to quote my speech verbatim but you cannot describe what you are trying to point out?

The fact that he's driving his LED with AC is obviously a real issue too.

The reason I "drove" the LEDs with AC is the whole point of all the videos that I've posted. During an EMP a high voltage is induced in conductors that eventually reaches sensitive electronics. Because the voltage is so high it doesn't matter whether or not a diode is in reverse or not. I used AC because the diode will go into reverse every other phase and that will show what happens to electronics.

(even as little as 7V can kill the LED).

What subject are we on? An EMP is rated at 100s of thousands of volts. The LED will most likely be vaporized. I was once again showing what would happen during an EMP. I also stated in the video what I was trying to demonstrate with the LED, resistor, and the trans. You are not listening, just making irrational opinions.

Also I note that the device is clearly placed in parallel with the power as it has both leads from the transformer leading to it, not a single connector as it would if the connection were a series one.

That is completely illogical. Please look up Neon Sign Transformer Internal Winding Scheme.

Furthermore, I would be really interested to see how this unit copes with a low impedance source of high voltage

YOU ARE JUST picking out things that are partially correct because at the end of the video I stated that I would be conducting a High-Voltage/Current pulse test.

In my opinion

Just to confirm that you ARE NOT sure of what you said and you are just trying to protect yourself so that you don't seem foolish when you are proven wrong.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
The voltage will arc across the ceramic plate once a high enough voltage creates a magnetic field strong enough to pull the electrons across the ceramic mass.

That is just so incredibly wrong. Wikipedia gives a simple explanation

Incorporating those type of components, let alone the configuration in which they are set up makes it a "sort of capacitor". If you have taken statistics then you would be comfortable with probability. When a percentage is high enough then a final statement can be made about your scenario.

It is a sort of capacitor in the same way that back to back diodes are a sort of capacitor. Slightly more of a capacitor than the stray capacitance between any pair of conductors. If your definition of capacitor includes anything having the slightest parasitic capacitance, then I agree.

That is completely illogical. Please look up Neon Sign Transformer Internal Winding Scheme.

Redefining serial and parallel like you redefine something to be a capacitor doesn't actually help your argument.

Just to confirm that you ARE NOT sure of what you said and you are just trying to protect yourself so that you don't seem foolish when you are proven wrong.

No, I'm just trying to be minimally polite.

I think your videos are extremely amusing. I'd just rather that they didn't mislead anyone. Anyone googling your marvellous invention who ends up here will at least have the opportunity to hear a dissenting voice or two.

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
I am just going to rant since you have proven that logic and reason are lost on you.

I can see that you're just desperate in making me seem as if I don't know what I'm talking about....
Nobody needs to do that, you make it painfully obvious with each post. Your conviction is not a substitute for electron theory no matter the amount.

Of course it becomes bizarre to you because it is you that doesn't know enough about what I'm doing, nor do you understand electronics the way I do.
Nobody in the field of electronics knows electronics the way you do. Therein lies the problem. I am all for inventing new science but perhaps you should invent your own parts first that way we will have a more difficult time refuting your ridiculous use of them.

The reason I "drove" the LEDs with AC is the whole point of all the videos that I've posted. During an EMP a high voltage is induced in conductors that eventually reaches sensitive electronics. Because the voltage is so high it doesn't matter whether or not a diode is in reverse or not. I used AC because the diode will go into reverse every other phase and that will show what happens to electronics.
Nothing you can put on the terminals of a board is going to restrict the 3D electomagnetic storm of an EMP. Certain shielding practices may help but not completely resolve both the electrical and magnetic components...oops I said I was not going to resort to reason. I am sorry for that.

What subject are we on? An EMP is rated at 100s of thousands of volts....
I am glad you got that all ironed out for the world now we now exactly what to expect and there will never be an electrical storm that exceeds that magnitude right? I think you need a towel to wipe up all the naive that is running out of your head.

I would love for you to provide a single piece of evidence to prove us wrong, but the more you try the further you credibility sinks into the crazy bin.

It is very nice snake oil you are selling. and I would love to see it go belly up under a real EMP some time not your weak transformer test. But we both know your design can't stand up to the real deal, in fact I am quite certain you do not even know what the real deal is.

**This post may require moderation.**

Last edited:

Mitchekj

Jan 24, 2010
I say build the thing, get it peer reviewed and tested correctly, and if you end up a billionaire... congrats. Or hell, just start selling it. Why are you on a forum flaunting some alleged breakthrough technology? Go get rich already.

Good luck with that.

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
Teen Inventor Empowering the future. EMP Protection. ValeVarkaSystems.com Launches

I say build the thing, get it peer reviewed and tested correctly, and if you end up a billionaire... congrats. Or hell, just start selling it. Why are you on a forum flaunting some alleged breakthrough technology? Go get rich already.

Good luck with that.

I have just launched my site (link removed). If you want to talk about this subject then email me or send a message through the site.

"EMP and Solar Flare Protection"
The purpose of the (link removed) is to give the users and visitors an in-depth perception of what it is like to be an Electrical Engineering inventor. By providing up to the hour news, you can stay informed of major events and projects taking place. With the Live Feed you can get a glimpse of how things are done during the design and construction of new technologies. The Projects page is one connection that most users and visitors take part in when a better understanding of a particular system is needed. With the projects page you can look up past, present, and future projects that I will take on.

Regards,

(removed spamvertising).

Electrical Engineering Inventor/ Programmer/ Designer

(link removed)

[email protected]

My email address has changed to [email protected].

Please send this to anyone you feel may be interested

© 2010 (removed spamvertising) Systems - Made By Marc Brown Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickS

Apr 6, 2010
macb6497;1355863 ...Please send this to anyone you feel may be interested[/QUOTE said:
Like the department of mental health?

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
EMP/Solar Flare Protection receives executive level attention and support

I have recently finished my meeting at an Executive Office Building where I discussed the High-Level EMP and Solar Flare Attenuation System.

They are in the process of setting me up for evaluations with the numerous power stations that will need attenuation systems.

You can check out the video on my Facebook Page: [Link Removed]

YouTube: [Link Removed]

and my website.

Here's the link to the video:
Link Removed]

If you cannot access my site's link then go to [Link Removed], click on the present project at the top of the page, go down to videos and click on the second video running at around 7 minutes.

This changes everything...

Regards,

Marc Brown
Electrical Engineering Inventor/Programmer/Designer
[Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

macb6497

Jun 1, 2010
EMP/Solar Flare Protection Receives Executive Level Attention

I have recently finished my meeting at an Executive Office Building where I discussed the High-Level EMP and Solar Flare Attenuation System.

They are in the process of setting me up for evaluations with the numerous power stations that will need attenuation systems.

You can check out the video on my Facebook Page: fb.me/valevarkasystems

YouTube: youtu.be/1CIJWvb_E7E

and my website.

vale varka systems.com

If you cannot access my site's link then go to vale varka systems.com/ Projects.php, click on the present project at the top of the page, go down to videos and click on the second video running at around 7 minutes.

This changes everything...

Regards,

Marc Brown
Electrical Engineering Inventor/Programmer/Designer.
vale varka systems.com

Last edited: