Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Energy Saving gadgets

robsm

Oct 31, 2011
Can some one recommend and energy saving gadget that will switch off appliances when my kids leave the room?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hello robsm.
Welcome to the forum.
I don't have a schematic to hand, yes i understand kids and leaving electricals on, mine do the same.
There might be something inspiring in this link below, one of the energy saving sites, i expect there are others.
Dave. :)

http://www.reuk.co.uk/index.htm

daddles

Jun 10, 2011
Alas, that energy saving device has already been invented -- it's called a parent. :) The only sure cure for the kids is to have them move out and live on their own. When they start seeing that electrical bill, they finally see the light (pun intended).

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
Unfortunately sometimes parental training may take approximately 18 years plus 1 month; when said child has moved out and received their 1st utility bill. :rolleyes:

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
Motion Sensing Wall Switches

All kidding aside I think what you could is a motion sensing wall switch. Do a search to find the best price. Hopefully you can find them cheap enough where the cost/benefit ratio is worth the expense.

johncq

Oct 25, 2011
TreeGreen's energyEGG...

Hi,

Just came across an interesting product on one of the green forums and thought I'd share it with you. Robsm, I think you'd be interested in this. There is a product named the energyEGG from a company named TreeGreen. Looks like the device acts as a common switch for all devices connected to it and also switches off devices connected to it with the help of a timer and motion sensor. Look up www dot treegreen dot net for more information.

-John.