Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Engine shut down circuit needed

Wingit

Dec 26, 2012
I am new to the site and want to say Hi. I need a circuit that I could use spark induction from a spark plug wire , On the first spark it has a 7 sec. timer, when engine runs above 3k RPM's within the first 7 sec it will kill the coil so there will be no spark. After 7 sec. engine runs normal. thanks If anyone can help me with this . This is not for auto this is a safety circuit

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
A warning to anyone who is considering offering to help with this project. Killing a car engine while it's running could be very unsafe. Another electronics forum web site I visit has a formal policy of "no automotive modifications" because of the risks.

This despite the claim that the circuit is not for use in a car and that it's a "safety circuit".

Wingit

Dec 26, 2012
Wow are you for real!! It's NOT A CAR PROJECT!!! It's a SAFETY CIRCUIT to keep a prop from eating your hand

Attachments

• fingerInProp400usppa.jpg
    fingerInProp400usppa.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 115
  • PropStrikeOnArm800.jpg
    PropStrikeOnArm800.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 120

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Yes I'm for real. I don't know you personally, so don't take it personally.

I know it's a "safety circuit"; that's obvious. We have no way to KNOW what you intend to do with it.

Perhaps if you explain the situation in detail you may be more convincing.
I have seen people deliberately mislead the forum in order to get help with a project that would be regarded as dangerous. One of them said something like "I said the circuit was running at 100V because I've found that if I say it runs at 600V, people don't want to help me". Then he deleted that comment!

Obviously, it's up to each person here whether they help or not; I'm pointing out to them that there is a risk if a vehicle is involved.

Those are some nasty pics.

Wingit

Dec 26, 2012
I totally understand your concern. I hope you understand I'm trying to keep my friends from ending up like the pictures. Paramotors can be a lot of fun BUT eat you up in a heart beat this is the reason for my circuit .

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I can't really help (probably) with the circuit, but I'm interested in how this is a safety feature? Is it designed to limit revs when the motor is started (I'm imagining starting the motor by hand...)

Wingit

Dec 26, 2012
I want if it gets to say 3k rpm within say 7 sec. of the first spark it will kill the engine

Wingit

Dec 26, 2012
By the way Steve thanks for the reply. Yes it is pull start