Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Equipment Ground / Neutral bonding w/derived ground system



Jan 1, 1970
I'm installing a multi building system ( large shop / home ) The primary
feed is going to the shop 600 amp @ 480 4 wire. I plan to run a sub feed to
the house with 175 amp 480 3 wire ( 4-0 AL @ 300') to a 150 Amp breaker /
disconnect box. Then to a 112.5 kva 3 phase transformer ( 480 delta to
208/120 Y) At the house I'm going to run a ufer ground and also the
required 2, 8' ground rods. I assume that I will need to bond the derived
grounded connector from the transformer to the equipment safety ground in
the 208 V panel?? or should it be in the service disconnect ( normal place
to bond, but seems like a strange place, as there is no neutral in that
box )



User 1.nospam

Jan 1, 1970
You might want to check about running 480 to a residence with your local
inspector. I am probably wrong, but for some reason my feeble brain says
that it is a no-no...I am not even sure that you can have a 3 phase service
to a single family dwelling, regardless of voltage.

You may have to put the transformer in your shop and feed the lower voltage
to your home.

Do you have to meter your home separately so that you don't run into tax
problems with the IRS?