Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Equivalent resistor

angie

Nov 26, 2021
Hi, can someone tell me what the equivalent resistor is in this circuit?
upload_2022-1-3_18-40-54.png

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
No. We do not give away homework answers, especially when the student hasn't done anything.

Please show us your work so far, and we will comment on that.

Also, Iq and Uq are not industry standard symbols. Is Uq a voltage source, a current source, or something else?

ak

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I second @AnalogKid 's answer.
Start by drawing the equivalent source. Do you want an equivalent voltage source or an equivalent current source? This choice will affect the value of the equivalent resistor.
Next show us how you would arrive at the values of the equivalent components n your equivalent circuit. If you get stuck there, we can help. But as has been said, we will not do your homework.

angie

Nov 26, 2021
Hi, I want to know the equivalent source and resistor with Thevenin's theorem. I know the equivalent source would be 4 Volts. Uq is voltage source and Iq is current source. But I always get stuck at the resistors... I know you won't do my homework, I am just asking for help..

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
So you want an equivalent voltage source.
Calculate open circuit voltage and short circuit current of the original circuit. From these values you can calculate the equivalent series resistor.

Hint: what is the importance of R3 when you calculate short circuit current?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I know the equivalent source would be 4 Volts.
No, it is not, at least not acc. to the values in your diagram.
Hint 1: The voltage will be negative...

Hint 2: use the superposition theorem. Calculate the output voltage with only the current source present, then with only the voltage source present. Then add both to get the output voltage of the complete circuit.
Do the same for the short circuit current.
When you "remove" one of the sources to do the above calculations, observe what to do with the other source (short circuit, open circuit). When you have both open circuit voltage and short circuit current, you can calculate the equivalent series resistor of the voltage source from these values.

Last edited: